Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched the worst Cowboy movie I ever saw last night. Actually, I watched only about half of it, then turned it off. :sick:

The movie was "Once upon a time in the West". The stars were Claudia Cardinale, Henry Fonda, Jason Robards, and Charles Bronson.

It was downright horrible. Poor acting, poor costumes, most of the actors didn't look like American cowboys, and unauthentic firearms. I never did figure out what the plot was about.

I'll have to give this one a five thumbs down.

·
Registered
990 Posts
They say 90 percent of everthing is crap, so take your pick.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Pogo said:
I watched the worst Cowboy movie I ever saw last night. Actually, I watched only about half of it, then turned it off. :sick:

The movie was "Once upon a time in the West". The stars were Claudia Cardinale, Henry Fonda, Jason Robards, and Charles Bronson.

It was downright horrible. Poor acting, poor costumes, most of the actors didn't look like American cowboys, and unauthentic firearms. I never did figure out what the plot was about.

I'll have to give this one a five thumbs down.
I didn't know it was a cowboy movie, I thought it was a comedy.........I also thought it was funny.:)

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DorGunR said:
I didn't know it was a cowboy movie, I thought it was a comedy.........I also thought it was funny.:)
It should have been a comedy. Early in the film there was a black bad guy that carried a cut off model 1894 Winchester rifle in a holster on his belt, but the movie seemed to have the settings of the 1870s.

The barrel was cut off to just a few inches long, which meant the loading tube was also cut off to that lenght. :D

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Pogo, I think Henry Fonda played one of the best bad guy roles in any Western ever in that movie. Some of the close up camera work is incredible.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Custer,

Yeah, I was suprised to see Henry Fonda playing a bad guy. He usually plays a good guy. I'll probably dig it out again and watch the whole thing later. I just thought the movie was quite cheesy starting out and I lost interest in it.

Jack Elam, one of my favorite bad guys that shows up in almost all Westerns got killed off early in the film.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
It has that odd European flavor to an American Western...Spain or Italy...can't recall.

Sort of like Eastwood's stuff.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Might as well comment on another one I saw this week.

It was "The quick and the dead". Great acting, good plot, good photography, authentic costumes and guns. Sam Elliott plays a good shadowy hero type, and ends up being quite chivalrous. True cowboy movie ending. :thumbup1:

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
I remember when The Quick and the Dead was made. They had a contest(unofficially)to see who was the quickest. Sharon Stone was fastest in the movie, but Gene Hackman smoked everyone in real life.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Pogo said:
Might as well comment on another one I saw this week.

It was "The quick and the dead". Great acting, good plot, good photography, authentic costumes and guns. Sam Elliott plays a good shadowy hero type, and ends up being quite chivalrous. True cowboy movie ending. :thumbup1:
I don't believe I've seen that one?? :dunno:

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
If you like Sam Elliott, Wild Times is one of my favorites. Ben Johnson is in it, too.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Preacher said:
I remember when The Quick and the Dead was made. They had a contest(unofficially)to see who was the quickest. Sharon Stone was fastest in the movie, but Gene Hackman smoked everyone in real life.
I think there were two "The Quick and the Dead" movies". The one I'm talking about I believe is actually a HBO picture that was directed by Louis L'Amour. I haven't seen the one you are talking about, but I have heard about it.

·
President for Life Field Marshall Doctor Bluedog D
1,604 Posts
The one with Sharon Stone and Gene Hackman was just awful. Remember the part where Hackman realizes he's been shot when he sees the sunlight passing throuch the bullet hole in his shadow? OMFG!

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I haven't seen Wild Times Custer. How did you like it?

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bluedog said:
The one with Sharon Stone and Gene Hackman was just awful.
I had heard that Bluedog. The one with Sam Elliott and Kate Capshaw, I thought was quite good. But, then again different tastes for different people, so you might not like this one either.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
I must be slipping, I didn't know there was two.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Lupeloff said:
Not the best, but I liked Pale Rider.
That was an OK movie but I think the best Clint Eastwood movie was "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Oh yeah, I forgot about The Wild Bunch, reminded me of some of my BWN buddies.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts