Gunco Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of OOW recievers, one in 7.62 and one in 5.45. The 5.45 is getting SBR'd and turned into a Krinkov while the other one is getting built up as a bullpup.

Is it neccessary to narrow the trunnion of an East German trunnion to fit into the American reciever? It seems to fit OK, but I thought I remembered that the U.S. recievers were 1.6mm while the "real" ones were 1mm.

·
Registered
717 Posts
If your using OOW recievers you don't have to narrow anything. Only with Global recievers (which is 1.6 mm thick) you have to narrow the trunions.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
You do have to narrow both the front and rear trunnion for the GT receviers, right? I've been thinking about using a GT receiver for my Polish underfolder. Would I also have to narrow the rear trunnion block for it to work on an GT? Does GT offer an underfolder receiver?

·
Registered
681 Posts
You would have to narrow the front and rear trunion blocks on the global trades 1.6mm receiver. with the oow, the metal is 1.0mm thick, and not necessary to mill them down. for those who wish to have the global receiver, but don't want to deal with machining, global will do it for you for 12 bucks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, so as I understand it - the Ohio Ord. receiver needs no trunnion milling? I have access to a milling machine, but I have to get the owner to help me and he is a busy guy.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
If you've got access to a milling machine, it shouldn't be a horrible job. I am learning how to use some of these kinds of equipment now, and that should be a fairly easy task.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts