Gunco Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Ron Artest, star of the Pissers, towers
above a Pistoff fan, he just knocked down.

It is rumored that Commissioner Stern will soon complete sanctions for the recent brawl between the Detroit Pistons and Indiana Pacers, which spilled over into the stands

Commissioner David Stern wants to give the
NBA a better image, hence the new team names.

Commissioner Stern proclaimed at a news conference this morning that, "Henceforwards, for the remainder of this season, the teams shall be renamed. Detroit's team, the Pistons, shall be known as the Pistoffs, and Indianna's Pacers shall be called the Pissers. I have spoken, it is written, and therefor, it shall be." The Pissers and Pistoffs next game will be a real gift from Santa, since it is scheduled for Christmas Day. Any bets on how many players will get lumps of coal in their stockings?

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
That was horrible! Artest should be kicked out of the league for atleast 1 year. They are told to stay on the floor during the entire game. Under no circumstance go into the stands. The other guy with the dreads cold cocked that fan as well. Terrible situation, I would sue them.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
What happened to good decent role models?

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
They just handed them all with suspensions. 9 players over 143 games. And thats without pay. One was suspended for the remainder of the year. Nice role models huh?

·
Registered
968 Posts
"Pisstoff and Pissers" LOL!!! That's good!

Saw the clip of it on FOX and couldn't believe how out of control that got. I also heard some little kid was crying and is now afraid to go any games. :( These guys should know better and under no circumstances go near the crowd. I'm sure it gets stressful at times, no doubt, but I think they need to show a little more self control. We need every good role model we can get because this country is slowly going down hill due to lack of GOOD role models. Just my $0.02 :D

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Well said Sandy. A lot of the athletes think they can get away with anything. I'll pick on Randy Moss a little.(as he's from my home state of WV, and no I'm not bragging) He was arrested for drug abuse 3 different times while still in High school and recieved a very small slap on the wrist all 3 times. If I remember correctly he tried to run over a lady directing traffic after a game a few years back. Once again, very little done to him. This is sending the wrong message to our kids. If you have money or know the right people, you can get away with anything. In Randy's case, he's a very talented athlete and probably one of the finest wide recievers to ever play the game. But that shouldn't make him above the law. I'm glad to see the NBA handed out fitting punishment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts