Gunco Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning around 7:28am my brother ran off the road on the way home and totalled his truck into several trees. He was life-flighted to Ohio State trauma center in Columbus Ohio. He dont remember anything past 1:30am in the morning. From what I understand from his friends is he had a couple beers the night before and fell asleep coming home at 7:00am the morning he wrecked. My mom said she saw the truck and didnt know how he survived the accident. Im just glad know one else was with him. They would have not been so fortunate as he was. My mom says the drinking the night before had no involvement in the accident. He drives an three hours round trip to the job site where he works every day and was just very tired and fell asleep. Im hoping to get to talk to him tomorrow as he is very banged up and awaiting cat-scans and other tests.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Prayer just sent!

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Soorry to hear that Mark, being tired and not resting enough can get ya'. I went off into the median one night after being up for 2 days.

My Dad and Stepmom fell asleep at the wheel 30 minutes after leaving KC on their way back to Maryland and just about hit one of those big concrete light post stands. Instead they flew past that and down a hill. No injuries except a bent tierod.

Thank God your bro survived.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Sorry to hear about your brother's accident. OSU is a fine facility, I'm sure he'll get the best of care. Best wishes for you and your family.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
We will remember your brother in our prayers!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Prayers from Louisiana, best wishes for you and yours.

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
How is your brother? I'm praying he is going to be OK. That would be the best Christmas gift ever.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
UPDATE:

He had one beer the night before which didnt play a role in the accident at all. They think a deer crossed in front of his truck which made him veer across three lanes and wrecked into the ditch and trees. He's pretty banged up and now its time for the healing. He came home today. I want to thank you all for the prayers across this board and I told him earlier that he is blessed by all of us! Thank you again.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Someone's prayers must have been answered, or he wouldn't have survived the crash!

More prayers can only help - and are sent!

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Glad to hear it mbadboyz, glad to hear it.

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
Glad he is going to be alright!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts