Gunco Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on a rifle build and need some advice on what trigger I can use.

I need a trigger/hammer that can function in a 2 inch tall space roughly .

The gun I'm work on receiver is 1.5 wide x 2 inches tall aluminum bat stocks.
Bolt is 1 inches tall.

I need to find a trigger that I can use for this build . Not sure what guns I can steal from .

[video=vimeo;134418649]https://vimeo.com/134418649[/video]

Video of where I'm at on the build so you have a idea of what I'm working with .

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
WTF do you have rattling around inside your cranium this time. lol

Can you relieve the lower a little bit to form even a little bit of a FCG pocket? In that case couldn't you use a bobbed AR hammer if you added a little mass to it?

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
How about a modified/trimed down SKS ,a TT33 trigger, a Uzi or possibly even a PPs43 aftermarket FCG assembly's ? Would any of those possibly work? I didn't pull anything out to check measurements, but all of those are a pretty much "drop-in" type FCG's and rather compact. Plus there all easy to come by besides. That's kinda what popped up in my mind.

It kinda looks like your doing up a 9mm set up of some kind and almost looks like a milled Uzi from what you put up for pictures. A Uzi set up may be the ticket sense you'll have the mag well, FCG and grip all in one compact set-up that you could modify to fit most anything sense your building from scratch,,that at least would give you allot of leeway with relatively little machine work or "shit house engineering" to be done as far as a FCG goes?

Just kicking out some "possible" ideas. So don't laugh to hard if I suggest some thing that would totally not work,,,,, just talking through my ass at the moment,,,,,but the UZI set up seems like it may be a good option ?? Not really sure????

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
If your thinking striker fired,,those VZ58's have a pretty slick set up if you do go that route, have you ever seen one warwickben?

If your not familiar with them ,I'll pull one of mine out and put up some pictures for you. There's next to nothing for moving parts and there quite smooth and simple actually. That would be a very good option too I'd think?? You might even be able to incorporate the VZ striker into your design also, it sure would be a simple thing to do.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If your thinking striker fired,,those VZ58's have a pretty slick set up if you do go that route, have you ever seen one warwickben?

If your not familiar with them ,I'll pull one of mine out and put up some pictures for you. There's next to nothing for moving parts and there quite smooth and simple actually. That would be a very good option too I'd think?? You might even be able to incorporate the VZ striker into your design also, it sure would be a simple thing to do.
Never seen one if you want to post pics . That be nice . I got side track starting a company lol .

Mag well is cut for grease gun mags . I was gonna weld some sheet metal on it so the mag is more stable.
I'm a 45 guy lol.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Sure, I'll pull one out and see if I can get some half way decent pictures of the trigger set up on the VZ's, there simple as can be and readily available , Apex had a good selection of VZ parts last time I looked and reasonable too.

I'll get some up for you tonight if I can get clear pictures of it.

The Vz's are a striker fired system now remember, but from what you put up for pictures it looks like it may work great for what your doing??

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Here ya go Warwickben, sorry the pics aren't the best in the world and I've got green oil , fuzzy's and dust all over, but I think you'll get the general idea. The measurement aren't going to be exactly accurate either , but close enough so you'll get a rough idea of the general size overall.

The first pic shows the striker held back, the 2nd how simple the FCG really is #3 rough width, #4 rough overall length including the spring .

Basically the trigger just pulls the arm forward on the left side that's connected to the sear and trigger and cams down the sear to release the striker,,it couldn't possibly be any simpler!! And about one of the slickest FCG's I think I've ever seen to be honest. The safety that goes with it just may work out for you too, equally as simple, and it just swings up blocking the sear from dropping.

Is that a Sweet set up or what??

The complete gun has only 8 moving parts total counting the piston, sear, trigger , connecting rod, striker, safety and bolt. That's it.

Something like that just may be the "cats ass " for what you doing,,I'm not really sure? But it's defiantly very simple , available and reasonable if you do go striker fired. And as I said, Apex had all those parts available last I looked.

Hope that helps out with some ideas for you bud.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.