Gunco Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey finally just completed my new build-Polish kit-but changed to wooden stock. Really had a lot of fun thanks to HotBarrel and his crude but effective machine shop. Simple tools doing a simple job. Thanks HotBarrel. Here are some pictures of before and after.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Thank you for the nice complemant reload, had a great time building with you. Now you realy have your own beautifull AK and you will truly be able to say "I built it myself" now that is hard to beat.. As for my shop Hahahaaa I like it hahahaaa. No unnessesary costly fancy looking crap here, just what we need to do the build, nice but no expensive frills.
I know you will be happy for many years with your polish build.
love that polished bolt and carrier :)
I have to say I wish I had a camera that took photos as well as yours. :chinese:
P.S. thanks for the enlarge moderator

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
looks very nice. It is always good to seeing another AK reborn. :)

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
Must be nice to have cool friends like Hotbarrel that live close enough to get together with! Nice work guys!!

·
Registered
681 Posts
hey, reload... that thing kicks A$$!!!
as you already know, my kit is in, and maybe the hotbarrel and I can do the same. Hey guys... hotbarrel has some awesome ideas about how to go about the build and making tools that work just as well, if not better in alot of cases, than some of the tools people have for sale out there. And the build is all about doing it yourself, and having a nice weapon for cheap, right???
Why spend hundreds on tools that you can make for a few bucks, a little sweat, and some thought? This is what it's all about, and Reload got the privelige of experiencing that first hand (and for those who don't know, reload's no mechanical slouch, either... I'll vouch for that).
Don't put $1000 into a $150 kit... use your noodle and make it yours. I'm sure that these two guys can give you some good advise on it, unless, of course you have an absurd surplus of cash, and in that case, I'll sell you all that you need to have yourself that $2000 AK you've always dreamed about!!!

GREAT JOB RELOAD & HOTBARREL!!!:headspin: :rockin:

AND CEPHUS>>>>
I'M NEXT, DAMMIT!!!
GOT A POLISH AND A BULGIE TO DO!!!
WE'LL KEEP YA POSTED IN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts