Gunco Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Long Arm of the LAW
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked out this site and decided to contribute. I've been to some others and still post on one. I'm a big fan of the AK's AR's and 1911. I've been in the FFL business for 14 years and while I'm not a gunsmith, I am an armorer on the 1911 and AR's. I'm self taught on the AK's and have built several for my own use.

Hopefully I can contribute a little around here. And learn some things too.

ChromeB

·
Registered
76 Posts
Chromebolt said:
I checked out this site and decided to contribute. I've been to some others and still post on one. I'm a big fan of the AK's AR's and 1911. I've been in the FFL business for 14 years and while I'm not a gunsmith, I am an armorer on the 1911 and AR's. I'm self taught on the AK's and have built several for my own use.

Hopefully I can contribute a little around here. And learn some things too.

ChromeB

welcome to the forum Chromebuilt. Most of us are all new here, but we seem to all have been around for many years and know eachother from other boards. So what AK builds have you done?

Mike.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
new guy's are allways welcome. glad to have you.
how about a photo of one of your builds. love to see one

·
Long Arm of the LAW
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
74Freak:

I've built 2 7.62 models on OOW receivers. Both were screw in with the rear trunions welded. One was an AMD kit and the other from misc parts I had. Rivits, while historical, are overrated in my book.....and also because I don't have equipment to do them.

On my first build, everything was welded, but I was not sure about the welds holding the constant slam of the bolt. So I screwed in the trunion for good measure. They shoot fine and actually the first rifle looked better without the screws.

When I get around to figuring out how to do pictures, I'll post some.

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
CB,

Welcome.
If you have any problems trying to post a pic, let one of us know and We'll give you a hand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts