Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New adition to family, my son just picked this thing up:

To me it looks cheap, it's a 9mm. but very accurate and handy

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Well, it ain't cheap and it will work. Lot of folks been put in the ground by a 9. I like it.

·
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He said he paid $420 for it...I like my guns made out of metal, not that plastic carbon fiber stuff they use nowadays.

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
I think she looks pretty slick. Congrats.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Looks good, I'm jealous. I haven't bought a new gun in ages, it's been an especially long time since I picked up a new pistol. Guess I'll have to see how the budget holds out heading into the new year.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Holy %$#^ Life size no less!

·
Troubles shot. 5 cents.
850 Posts
Aviator:

Wait until you shoot that thing. When I bought my HS2000 (earlier version of same gun) I like it so much that I sold my G17 and G19. The HS/XD fits my hand so much better, and my groups were about 3/4" to 1" tighter with the HS than with the Glocks. Not busting on the Glocks, but the HS just worked better for me.

Noah

·
6,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Noah, I'll see if my son lets me try it out. If I like it I may get one myself, the price isn't that bad, but I would like in .40 better than the 9 mm.

Listen, I need to get back to you on the website, but it may be after the holidays before I get a chance to get my ideas together.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Hello Noah. I like seeing that name here. How ya been good buddy.

·
Troubles shot. 5 cents.
850 Posts
Aviator:

No problem, LMK at your convenience. Lotsa distractions right now.

Lupe:

Really busy with work, and the distractions of the Silly Season. Not my fave time of the year. Hope all is well with you and Sandy, wherever she may be.

Noah

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Noah Zark said:
Aviator:

No problem, LMK at your convenience. Lotsa distractions right now.

Lupe:

Really busy with work, and the distractions of the Silly Season. Not my fave time of the year. Hope all is well with you and Sandy, wherever she may be.

Noah

Yes, silly season. I cannot wait for it to be over.

Glad to see you here Noah!

·
Registered
625 Posts
I just got one in .40 S&W a couple of weeks ago and love it. Light recoil and points on target when I pull it out. Just need some hi-cap mag's now. Paid $418 + tax. It?s coming out in .45 GAP in a month or two and that may be the one to get if anyone is thinking of buying one soon.

·
Loaner
5,358 Posts
aviator said:
didn't know that
Barstow Precision 760-367-2747, I am not entirely sure if the 9mm can be up'd to the 40S&W, and .357sig, but they will know:) All you might have to do is change a spring and the mags. The folks at Barstow were real cool to talk to I just didn't have time to get indepth with them:)

·
Registered
770 Posts
magnus392 said:
Don't forget you can get different caliber barrels for that thing:)
Negative. You can change the barrels out only in the .40 cal model to make it a 9mm or .357 sig. You can't up the 9 or .357 models.

I've had my XD-40 Tac (5"model) as my primary carry and duty weapon for about two years now. I love it.
I wasn't to impressed with polymer pistols when they first started coming around either, but I've grown to love their light weight and ruggedness.
These guns are accurate, and so far (knock on wood) mine has been 100% reliable.:thumbup1:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts