1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted at AK47

http://www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=66428

Thanks to Stottman

A German firm has released a new scope mount and handguard system. Saw it in person, and it looks pretty good. It is also to be reasonable priced.

Basically, the scope base replaces the rear site leaf, and locks into the buttstock screw hole.

The has tube simply replaces a standard gas tube.No other fitting is required.

Talked to the designer guy, and he is trying to only sell direct so that he can keep cost to the end user down. He has sold some stuff to the US before (via GSI) and the end retail price ends up being to much for most users. He is talking about setting up a US operation to market the stuff. For now, you can try to order from the Weideko place.

I am just passing along info, I am not involved with the place at all.

Here are some of the ads; Its in German, but you should be able to figure it out.

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Are you following me around Sang? LOL.

That Scope Rail System looks great. Wonder if that company would be up for a group buy?

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I am TP, seems we do run into each other on the other boards and even picyard last night. Everytime I refreshed over at picyard you had a new pic loaded.:D

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
It's amazing what people are coming up with for these rifles.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I would be interested in one of those if you ever do a group buy............

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
He he he, my plot is coming together. Buhahahahaha.

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Sang do you know if the guy in the US got anywhere with bringing it in?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Here are some price conversions on the Euros, although they will certainly jack up the price if they import them here:

The top one at 41 Euros : $49.15
The lower one at 49 Euros: $58.75

And so on.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
sort of looks like the rail system on top of the Beryl rifle that Templar posted

·
Unclear Engineer
1,014 Posts
I want one. If I cant buy one, I will just have to make one.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Polish Taipan said:
Sang do you know if the guy in the US got anywhere with bringing it in?

No I don't but maybe I should contact them and direct them here to see if they would be interested in hooking up with someone here in the US that can importt and has the capital to do it.

This was from last winter and I cannot believe that no one has figured this out to build it here or talked about importing. It was actually at AK47.net first.

·
Unclear Engineer
1,014 Posts
For starters, I am imagining a peice of strap steel welded to a spare sight leaf on one end and a hole in the other end for the tang screw. Then screw a Marlin 336 scope base (from Walmart) to the top of the strap. Using the sight leaf as an attachment would allow it to be hinged up out of the way for taking the cover off.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ozzy the nuke said:
For starters, I am imagining a peice of strap steel welded to a spare sight leaf on one end and a hole in the other end for the tang screw. Then screw a Marlin 336 scope base (from Walmart) to the top of the strap. Using the sight leaf as an attachment would allow it to be hinged up out of the way for taking the cover off.

I started on making one last spring, but got distracted. Very much like you were saying.

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
For $50, it's not worth it to make one from scratch, I'm interested if it doesn't require special tools or skills to put it in. I don't speak a word of German though.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts