Gunco Forums banner

New sight rail system for AK's

3K views 43 replies 21 participants last post by  scheistermeister 
#1 ·
Posted at AK47

http://www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=66428

Thanks to Stottman

A German firm has released a new scope mount and handguard system. Saw it in person, and it looks pretty good. It is also to be reasonable priced.

Basically, the scope base replaces the rear site leaf, and locks into the buttstock screw hole.

The has tube simply replaces a standard gas tube.No other fitting is required.

Talked to the designer guy, and he is trying to only sell direct so that he can keep cost to the end user down. He has sold some stuff to the US before (via GSI) and the end retail price ends up being to much for most users. He is talking about setting up a US operation to market the stuff. For now, you can try to order from the Weideko place.

I am just passing along info, I am not involved with the place at all.

Here are some of the ads; Its in German, but you should be able to figure it out.

See less See more
#2 ·
Are you following me around Sang? LOL.

That Scope Rail System looks great. Wonder if that company would be up for a group buy?

#7 ·
He he he, my plot is coming together. Buhahahahaha.

#10 ·
Sang do you know if the guy in the US got anywhere with bringing it in?

#16 ·
Polish Taipan said:
Sang do you know if the guy in the US got anywhere with bringing it in?

No I don't but maybe I should contact them and direct them here to see if they would be interested in hooking up with someone here in the US that can importt and has the capital to do it.

This was from last winter and I cannot believe that no one has figured this out to build it here or talked about importing. It was actually at AK47.net first.

#18 ·
For starters, I am imagining a peice of strap steel welded to a spare sight leaf on one end and a hole in the other end for the tang screw. Then screw a Marlin 336 scope base (from Walmart) to the top of the strap. Using the sight leaf as an attachment would allow it to be hinged up out of the way for taking the cover off.

#19 ·
ozzy the nuke said:
For starters, I am imagining a peice of strap steel welded to a spare sight leaf on one end and a hole in the other end for the tang screw. Then screw a Marlin 336 scope base (from Walmart) to the top of the strap. Using the sight leaf as an attachment would allow it to be hinged up out of the way for taking the cover off.

I started on making one last spring, but got distracted. Very much like you were saying.

#23 ·
Another way might be to take a Yugo cover from a milled receiver (they are short and thick, like my, uh, nevermind), and adapt it to hinge into the RSB, similar to a krink cover. For extra stability, a tab could be added to the back that could be screwed down to the tang.

But hey, if I could get a factory job for $50, that would beat spending a weekend coming up with something that looks like it was created on the Red/Green Show.

#24 ·
ozzy the nuke said:
Another way might be to take a Yugo cover from a milled receiver (they are short and thick, like my, uh, nevermind), and adapt it to hinge into the RSB, similar to a krink cover. For extra stability, a tab could be added to the back that could be screwed down to the tang.

But hey, if I could get a factory job for $50, that would beat spending a weekend coming up with something that looks like it was created on the Red/Green Show.
"Remember; If women don't find you attractive, they can at least find you handy!" spoken in my best Uncle Green voice.

Thumb Clip Pull Pin.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.