Gunco Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Daniel and I'm addicted to AKs, oh wait - this isn't AK anonymous? Oh.

Hehe, thought I'd introduce myself, I am a CNC operator and gunsmith hack. I work at www.kagerind.com , one of the largest independantly owned machine shops in the central US. I have assembled a few AR-15s, including barrel assemblies but have never built up an AK. I have owned a "pre-ban" Norinco type 56S-1 for years now and love it to death. I have personally put over 5,000 rounds through this gun and don't plan on stopping anytime soon.

I have access to a full blown machine shop and the owner is happy to help me do my various projects when he has time. What neither of us knows about though is how to do headspacing on an AK. My AKM kit that I am working on DOES NOT have matching numbers, sso I am guessing a headspacing is in order. Any info and tips would be GREATLY appreciated on this matter.

Anyway, I have only been browsing this site for a day or so and absolutly LOVE IT! Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Dan

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
sharky47...
Welcome, the link that "Vis" posted should help you. If any additional questions arise, just post them here and I'm sure that you'll get help.

Again welcome.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Welcome Daniel,

You'd be hard pressed to find a finer bunch of firearms enthusiasts than those here.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Welcome Sharky, I'm learning and laughing and having a lot of fun being here and I'm sure you will too!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I have been trying to find a fast-moving, informative, and pleasant forum for Ak builders for some time. Arfcom is ok, but moves waaay to slow for my taste, gunsnet.......well - no thank you. But this one is right on!

I was wondering, is there a paying member option for this forum? The other forum I am really into is http://forums.rennlist.com , an AWESOME forum for Porsche enthusiasts. They have an option to pay $17.00 a year to help with upkeep of the site and such. You don't have to pay to use the site, but you get an email account, membership card that gets you discounts at certain places, and a sticker for your car. Anyway, not that the "stuff" matters, I'm just happy to help with the upkeep of a worthwhile site. Just a thought..........

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey magnus, what part of TX are you from? I hail from Fredericksburg, which is about an hour from Austin and an hour from San Antone.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hello,
If your looking for good advise on the "Ak" This sight is where you'll find it.
These guys do a great deal on helping each other out....they're like family to me.
So don't be affraid to ask a question or two. This is the place for your answers on Ak building!
Maybe we could swap out info. for the Ar-15/M-4, Who knows?
Enjoy! Glad you're with us!
-Shadow-

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Hey Sharky, I know there is a voluntary contributor button when you sign up for the giveaways. I don't know if that's the only way or not. Send a PM to one of the Mods or Admins, they are usually very glad to help!

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Cephus said:
It's at the top of every page in the tool bar all the on the right hand side,Preacher how'd you miss that. you picked all the rest up real quick.LMAO
I couldn't see for looking!:wallbash:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts