Michelle Williams - Alma
Anne Hathaway - Lureen

Movie Crew
Ang Lee - Director
James Schamus - Producer
Diana Ossana - Screenwriter
E. Annie Proulx - Screenwriter, Story Author
Larry McMurtry - Screenwrite

Set in Texas and Wyoming, this is the romantic tale of two male cowboys from very different backgrounds who meet and fall in love while working together as sheep ranch hands near Wyoming's Brokeback Mountain the summer of 1961. Their lives take different courses, however, with Jack Twist (Gyllenhaal) becoming a rodeo cowboy while Ennis Del Mar (Ledger) remains a ranch hand, and the film follows their lives as they see each other again over the next 20 years. Their relationship is rocky, however, as they must deal with the challenges posed as the intolerance of pre-(and post)-Stonewall rural America rears its ugly, violent head against the two lovers. (Williams plays Ledger's wife; Hathaway plays Gyllenhaal's wife; Quaid plays a ranch foreman.) :sick:

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
This creates an image of chaps without pants.

Think I will pass on this one.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
EGAD!
:barf:

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Good greif, Will and Grace goes western..........yuk.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Sorry.........I'm not into *** movies..........or *** anything.

And please don't give me any crap about tolerance..........you would be wasting your time.:pissed:

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DorGunR said:

And please don't give me any crap about tolerance..........you would be wasting your time.:pissed:
I agree. Then you read crap like this: "Their relationship is rocky, however, as they must deal with the challenges posed as the intolerance of pre-(and post)-Stonewall rural America rears its ugly, violent head against the two lovers."

Let em keep their *** crap in San Fagcisco!

·
Registered
990 Posts
I'm not homophobic, I'm just scared of queers.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
DorGunR said:

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Pogo said:
I agree. Then you read crap like this: "Their relationship is rocky, however, as they must deal with the challenges posed as the intolerance of pre-(and post)-Stonewall rural America rears its ugly, violent head against the two lovers."

Let em keep their *** crap in San Fagcisco!
Stonewall was in NY. This is the same as any other movie. If you don't want to watch it, don't.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Strange Destiny said:
Stonewall was in NY. This is the same as any other movie. If you don't want to watch it, don't.
OK, keep it in New York then. :D

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Maybe I am confused about Stonewall. There is a chapter of Stonewall in Cincinnati.

·
Registered
286 Posts
You can keep the sap suckers, thank you very much. Speaking of gay movies how about Alexander? I cannot remember the last time I actually stood up and walked out on a movie, but I made the exception for that one. P.U., it stunk bad

·
Registered
31 Posts
Actually, it sounds like an interesting movie to me. Whether the actions of the characters is condoned or not, this angle on that part of history has not been explored. Whereas most other angles have been explored ad nauseam, you know? How many times can the we watch the old good guys outsmart the bad guys?

Wait...don't answer that. :D

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
PjS said:
Actually, it sounds like an interesting movie to me. Whether the actions of the characters is condoned or not, this angle on that part of history has not been explored. Whereas most other angles have been explored ad nauseam, you know? How many times can the we watch the old good guys outsmart the bad guys?

Wait...don't answer that. :D
WWJWD?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts