Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Myself, I'm giving up smoking, gambling, and chastity.

What about you folks?

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
To become a better peson, study more, and build my first AK47.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
I don't make 'em cause I don't keep 'em.:smoke:

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Had a quintuple coronary bypass on Dec 7th of 2004. Had my last cigarette shortly before that. Haven't smoked since. Would like to keep it that way going into 2005. This is after 45 years of steady smoking. So far so good. It's time I did somethig just for myself.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Viragos said:
Had a quintuple coronary bypass on Dec 7th of 2004. Had my last cigarette shortly before that. Haven't smoked since. Would like to keep it that way going into 2005. This is after 45 years of steady smoking. So far so good. It's time I did somethig just for myself.
Good for you! Nicotine really is the only substance known that is even more addictive than crack cocaine. As a former drug fiend and current drug connoisseur, at one time or another I've fooled around with just about every drug there is out there. And the only one I got strung out on was nicotine. Just my luck - got strung out on one of the most dangerous ones!

·
Registered
990 Posts
I pledge to drink more beer, gain more weight, be more over the top. Anthing not achieved will be a step forward. :)

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Gotta stop this damn Kodiak!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I gotta pay off my credit card. The last couple of years I've been doing what I can to buy a decent collection of Arsenal AK's. I can justify this because Arsenal is not going to make the milled receiver anymore except in small limited production runs. In other words, I had to get while the gettin' was good, and I only had a limited amount of time and funds to get the four Arsenal rifles I've got.

Then I got bitten by the long-range rifle bug and built a couple of .308 precision rifles. I haven't had much time to shoot them, so I kind of wish I hadn't bothered. Somewhere along the line I bought an SKS.

Although I sold a few guns through a local gun dealer to pay for my new toys, my credit card balance seemed to creep up there because of accessories, not having the whole dollar amount at the time of the next gun purchase, etc. I'm tired of paying a monthly payment to my credit card only to see my balance drop just a little bit.

So I applied for one of those cards with no interest until September 2005, and transferred my entire balance to it. I'm going to try to send them as large a payment as I dare every month in 2005. I'm already planning to not do ANY gun buying until that damn thing is paid off. Don't ask the balance; I'm ashamed of it.

The only thing I've promised myself is if I get it all paid off, I'll go out and buy a gun of some kind as a reward.

Until then, I'm not gonna buy any gun-related items but cleaning supplies and a few boxes of ammo until that damn credit card is a thing of the past!

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
75_stingray said:
Gotta stop this damn Kodiak!
:thumbup1:

Of course, diet and exercise (my usuals) and to graduate this fall with my associates degree :) and to try and be happy for my brother who is marrying that girl -- it will be hard :boxing:

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Maybe you could give her one of your camping buddies as a presenent, Dundee.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
I always keep my New Years resolutions.

This year I've committed myself to giving up yodeling and playing the banjo. :hippy:

·
Registered
954 Posts
Like Major Pita, my resolution is to work on the credit cards. I have purchased too much on other peoples money. I also plan on continuing eating better and exercising more throughout '05 which was began middle of this year.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
tjames1 said:
I'm gonna lose 20 pounds by April!
I don't know if Lupe's garage door could stand that or not!

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Preacher said:
I don't know if Lupe's garage door could stand that or not!
Or more importantly what opens his garage door.:lol:

·
deactive ~ and in trouble
1,781 Posts
I hearby resolve to make the same resolution I make (and keep) every year....

I resolve to make......

No Resolutions!

I haven't failed in this one yet :D

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Ive resolved not to be so irritating to my fellow members of Gunco.
This does not apply to members of Brand X.

...and build a deck, finish the brick path, fill the stump holes, have the front yard installed, and cut down and remove 7 trees from my yard.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts