Gunco Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!!!
a friend at work tipped me off to this forum, and after poking around a bit in it ( I hope you folks don't too violated :bull: ), I find it VERY cool indeed!! :rockin:
I may have some newbie builder questions as the same friend from work has lit the proverbial fire under my rear quarters to get on a build, and I admit... I got the bug... it sounds like way too much fun for me not to partake..(is this a real word?)
However, I must say my forte would be handloading for various rifles, and have been doing so with great success for several years. So, if I can be of ANY help at all, I will surely chime in with my two cents for ya, and hopefully be of some help to some poor old sod who needs it, like I'll need it when it comes time for my build!!! (I think I'm in good hands).
Hope to chat w/ each of you soon! :ak47:

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
Handloading? What's that? ;)

To be honest, the only way I think I'd consider reloading AK ammo is if they stopped importation... its just way too easy to spend $75 at a gun show for 1k rounds.

Yeah these guys have taught me practically everything I learned about the "real deal" build info. There's a lot of word-of-mouth information that just isn't available anywhere else, and if these guys don't know then you don't NEED to know! :D

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hcpookie said:
Handloading? What's that? ;)

To be honest, the only way I think I'd consider reloading AK ammo is if they stopped importation... its just way too easy to spend $75 at a gun show for 1k rounds.

Yeah these guys have taught me practically everything I learned about the "real deal" build info. There's a lot of word-of-mouth information that just isn't available anywhere else, and if these guys don't know then you don't NEED to know! :D
Yes, it is very cheap... dirt cheap, in fact, however it is just generic ammo, hcpookie... if the round you were shooting in your AK or sks or 300 win mag or anything for that matter, was made specifically for the exact dimensions of your rifle, a huge increase in accuracy can result. Not to mention superior components of a rifle cartridge, and , of course, using brass casings instead of steel. Much cleaner, and much more accurate. But just for plinking and general disruption of peace and quiet, I would definately go with the import stuff! :eek:nfire:
Thanks, guys!!! :ar15: :cold:

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
good to see your post's sks_hunter :welcome:
hang around here and we will come up with something fun:ak47:

ask here, any questions before you buy anything AK related and you will get good oppinions, A few oppinions can prevent you from getting screwed. if a few guys here tell you something is a good deal, or to avoid something this alone can save you a few bucks or save you parts you are disapointed in.
KEEP an eye on the new group buy section. thies group buys are great, not only do you save bucks, BUT we all get our parts the same and the same time. this helps because we can advise each other with tips, and all be on the "same page" at the same time. not to mention the sence of beeing a team as the buy is organized and as we wate for the parts to arive.
you mention you may be intrested in building a kit sometime, why not start a thread asking what would be a good first build and why, with the tools and price range you have.
again:welcome: the hotbarrel

·
Registered
582 Posts
This looks like a very promising board!! As things progress, it would be nice to have an equipment exchange forum. As I read somewhere here, a group buy function would be helpful too.

It is great to see so many familiar names and esteemed names as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts