Gunco Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know who makes the best night vision goggles and scopes?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Here's mine $1000.00 10 years ago.
I can see antelope at 800 yards. the 10X10 building at the top of the ridge at close to a mile.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Just a general comment: I'd been looking for a NV weapons scope, found that there was nothing I would trust to safe target-identification that cost less than $1,000.

And...

Generation 1, 2, and 3 are US terminology and not applicable to Russian-made NV. While Russian-made NV is marketed as Generation 1, 2, or 3, those are US standards inapplicable in Russia and the use of those terms is nominal with regard to Russian optics.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was looking at some of the osprey scopes this weekend..they were all russian..the ones they called gen 1 werent too bad but they only were good to a little over 200 yards..they were in the 600 range..but there was no comparison to the ones that he called gen 3..they were really nice..and so was the $2800 price tag..

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
Make sure you get a money back gaurantee with what ever you buy. You can get some good 3rg gen . goggles used, but you have to try them. I bought mine(PVS-7, 45 lp) 5 years ago for $1800 and they have 2 artifacts(little spots) on the image but it doesn't hurt the view at all. You should be able to get them cheaper now days. I'm thinking of giving these to my wife and getting some 64 lp goggles but I'm broke.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
are the duel tubes better than the single tube?

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
Twice as expensive, unless you are driving or flying and need perfect depth perception then I'd say you don't need to spend the extra money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts