·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MSNBC Apologizes for Muslim Slur
By Susan Jones
CNSNews.com Morning Editor
November 24, 2004

(CNSNews.com) - An Islamic civil rights group says it has received an apology from MSNBC for anti-Arab, anti-Muslim comments made on the cable network's "Imus in the Morning" program.

CAIR filed a complaint with the Federal Communications Commission over comments made on a Nov. 12 radio broadcast, in which one of Don Imus's guests referred to Palestinians (gathered in Ramallah for Yasser Arafat's funeral) as "stinking animals" and suggested they should all be killed.

CAIR also complained about a November 19 segment commenting on a U.S. Marine who shot and killed a wounded Iraqi in Fallujah. A fictitious "senior military affairs adviser" who spoke to Imus justified the killed of a "booby-trapped ******* cadaver."

The fictitious advisor also said the killing provided an "Al-Jazeera moment" causing the "Muslim masses to respond with their routine pack-of-rabid-sheep mentality."

In response to hundreds of e-mails prompted by CAIR action alerts, MSNBC issued a statement saying, "The views expressed on the program are not those of MSNBC. Having said that, it was unfortunate that these remarks were telecast on MSNBC. We sincerely apologize to anyone who was offended by these remarks."

CAIR National Communication Director Ibrahim Hooper issued a press release on Tuesday, thanking everyone "who took the time to express their dismay over the offensive comments made on MSNBC's 'Imus in the Morning' show."

Earlier this year, CAIR announced a "Hate Hurts America" campaign designed to counter hate speech on talk radio.

·
Registered
522 Posts
offensive comments??????????

How about "back to nature, non-cosmopolitan, elongated head dress individuals" That would be soooooo much nicer than calling these nice people "*******". Shame on the people who are not considerate of the feelings of those from the shallow end of the gene pool.

I AM SHOCKED I TELL YOU - SHOCKED.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Screw them. If the media can get away with calling Christians "bible thumpers" and "religious kooks", then I'll continue calling the muslims "*********". :p

·
Registered
102 Posts
Pogo said:
Screw them. If the media can get away with calling Christians "bible thumpers" and "religious kooks", then I'll continue calling the muslims "*********". :p
Fair nuff..:wink:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Christians once shared the same problem which now plagues Islam - no separation of Church and State. The Catholic Church was the central government of Christendom for centuries. People could be put to death for being heretics, or punished for thought crimes. The rise of nation states changed much of that, and the Reformation even more. Still, when religion reigned supreme in communities, we had women burned to death as witches here in America!

That being said, Islam cannot contain its inhumanity to Muslims, nor to people within "The House of Islam." So, it is our problem. A free Iraq would do much to change that, but what are the odds of an Iraq which cherishes an individual's freedom to choose which religion to worship?

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Funny, I didn't know Imus was religious.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts