Gunco Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well as usual we get jipped outta the snow, we just get rain and freezing temps, making for unsafe driving conditions for all southerners :thumbup1: It's says it feels like 26 degrees outside :cold:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
I'm glad all that mess is south of me............I hate freezing rain.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
A little snow this morning. I hope it peters out. I am not greedy. 8 inches of snow is enough.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Just missed us, I was sure hoping for snow.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AAAARRRRGGGGG--I wanted to go spend my Christmas money, but it's too cold and rainy--money burns a hole in my pocket fast--I gotta get rid of it :)

I'm gonna go curl up with my doggies and watch a movie--probably take a small snooze too. :) This weather makes one lazy :sleep2:

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
25 drgrees and cloudy right now..........I just got home from Church.......think I'll go take a nap.:sleep2:

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Rachel's 'bout had enough of riding her Chopper in the kitchen, she's itching to take her out and OPEN HER UP! Wroooom:D

Attachments

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
glad I'm not the only one that's seeing this weather as a P.I.T.A.

tell Rachel nice ride--I'm jealous! :D

·
Registered
329 Posts
75_stingray said:
Rachel's 'bout had enough of riding her Chopper in the kitchen, she's itching to take her out and OPEN HER UP! Wroooom:D
Is that one of those repro Schwinn Stingrays?

The Stingray has to be the coolest bicycle ever made.

I've got an old original one (1964 vintage if I recall) with the "column" mounted 5 speed shift lever, banana seat, chopper handlebars, FRONT suspension springs and a W-I-D-E rear slick tire. It's painted bright orange and has matching metalflake orange handgrips.

I got it several years ago for... ready?... $25.00! Yup, twenty five bucks! An older guy had it in his attic and wanted to get rid of it. He wanted $50 for the bike, but I talked him down to $25(!) because the bike was dusty and I had to carry it down from his third floor attic!

From the condition of the bike, I don't think it was EVER ridden. Even the old tires are still good (although I had to replace the tubes because THEY went bad).

Looking around auction sites, I was surprised to find that original Stingrays in "Good" to "Excellent" condition go for $1000 or more!

Mine is almost "NIB" condition (and no it's not for sale!) :D

Roger

·
Registered
717 Posts
One thing about Texas and snow....it sure clears the crap out of the air and makes it where you can see forever....I saw things on the horizon this morning I don't recall seeing in a while....if ever.
Being somewhat flat in areas, even a line of hills and mesas on the horizon can remind one of seeing the Rockies from a ways far off.....sure can make one homesick for the mountains.
Besides, if you don't get snow, you cann't make snow ice cream....

·
Registered
329 Posts
Taz38 said:
well as usual we get jipped outta the snow, we just get rain and freezing temps, making for unsafe driving conditions for all southerners :thumbup1: It's says it feels like 26 degrees outside :cold:
Want snow? Live in Western New York (Buffalo).

Guaranteed you will NEVER be short on snow... in fact one winter here and you'll be racing back down south.

Here, 26 degrees isn't a chill factor... it's a heat wave. Our temperatures in winter are more like 10 to 0 degrees (actual) with -25 to -40 chill factors.

Oh if only I could move away from here... :( :cold:

Roger

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Krupski said:
Want snow? Live in Western New York (Buffalo).

Guaranteed you will NEVER be short on snow... in fact one winter here and you'll be racing back down south.

Here, 26 degrees isn't a chill factor... it's a heat wave. Our temperatures in winter are more like 10 to 0 degrees (actual) with -25 to -40 chill factors.

Oh if only I could move away from here... :( :cold:

Roger
I'm not that fond of snow--it's just nice occassionally. I think I'd rather have that over freezing rain and slush. who am I kidding--I hate cold weather period--this keeps up too much longer I'm heading south for the winter...
Next weekend it's supposed to get into the low 70's whippie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Today we had a high of 34.............New Years day it's supposed to be 65.
Splain that to me. :dunno:

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
N/A said:
One thing about Texas and snow....it sure clears the crap out of the air and makes it where you can see forever....I saw things on the horizon this morning I don't recall seeing in a while....if ever.
Being somewhat flat in areas, even a line of hills and mesas on the horizon can remind one of seeing the Rockies from a ways far off.....sure can make one homesick for the mountains.
Besides, if you don't get snow, you cann't make snow ice cream....
I hear you!!!! Here in El Paso, we have a rather large city right across the border. Its been proven that the vast majority of the pollution here is from Ciudad Juarez. What do you do though, some of those people are burning tires of anything they can get, just to keep warm. The rain or occasional snow cleans the air very well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts