Gunco Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in southern Ohio and new to building. I would love to get together with some local folks and give building a shot. If someone is interested and has the correct tools and experience, I would be willing to give you flats/ a kit or a needed tool if you can give me a hand.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Hey Bud,

As you know I live local to you, but I've had to step back from a lot of my stuff since baby #2. I do have one AMD about 1/2 built so far.

Maybe someone else around here is building?

·
Registered
273 Posts
im working on getting a build party together in louisville ky area . i gotinto the build it yourself late myself . what kinda kits you working on

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Id certainly go to Louisville, its not too far from me. I havent purchased any kits yet, Im waiting until I can find the underfolder that I want. Let me know if you guys want to get together and what things well be needing. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
273 Posts
sounds good so far mainly the communication for this deal has been trhough email so ill include you guys on the list. its looking good looks like weve got all the tools assembled im gonna order myself some recievers on the 12th anyone else want to get in on this let me know. so we can work something out looks like ill be ordering around 7-8 so im a little short of the discount. bud so far there are 2 of us newbies signed up with someone whos built a few so its kind of a learning processs for us all

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What kind of recievers are you getting? Flats or completed? Im in the process of trying to get a folder kit from Ohio Rapid Fire for my first build. Theyre supposed to be rough so I wont be mad if I screw something up.

·
Registered
273 Posts
i got 2 of those folders a fair and a poor they dont look that bad , im gonna go with finished recievers so i can trade sell them alter if i needed /wanted to plus for a first builds i thought it would be easier. i m waiting on some info on the horn receivers if that isnt satisfactory im going with the oow
im building a polish underfolder, a 2nd polish but im gonna put a regular wood stock on it . and an amd 65.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I live close to Louisville. I just got my first receiver the other day and I'm trying to decide on a kit. I would be interested in getting together to learn how to build.

·
Registered
273 Posts
sounds good Crowak welcome to the board . im currently building on 2 polish underfolders and an amd 65 , centerfire has some nice amd 65 for 80 dollars

·
Registered
12 Posts
The receiver I have is a ITM. I have a Bulgarian AK 74 that was built on an ITM and it seems to be good. Are the ITM good to use for a home build?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yall still want to get together at some point? Let me know if you get a date together and ill get some materials ready.

·
Registered
273 Posts
yes im still planning on it i been buying up my parts everyones out of G2s till mid november and im currently working on trying to rent a jig for flat bending any of you guys want to get together and bend some flats, when and if i rent it ? if deal go down im gonna buy about 6-8 flats and bend them so ill have some for the future.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would like to bend some flats too. If we could set up a day then I would go ahead and buy a few flats. The only experience I have with building AK is converting Saiga rifles. Kail if you rent a jig would you want so money towards it or just a flat?

·
Registered
273 Posts
at least theres some interest ill get the details worked out on the jig rental. hell id probably just be happy to have some more hands around to help . depends on how much it cost me to rent the jig i havent even discussed the price. as soons as i get the details ironed out we will set a date stickerman has flats for 15 dollars thats where i ll be getting my flats when i buy them

1 - 15 of 15 Posts