Gunco Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd post this link, it's one of the lesser known travel highlights you can see in Columbus. http://www.mottsmilitarymuseum.org/ The owner of the museum started it in his Groveport home, and it just continues to grow with much support from local Legion and VFW posts. I haven't been there since the latest additions but it's a fantastic place that I'm sure alot of you folks would enjoy. The website hasn't been updated in a long time but the necessary info is there including hours/cost/ and directions. If you're ever in Columbus, Ohio this is a "must see".

If any of you ever want to hook up for a gunshow in Columbus, give me a holler. The gunshows are generally held at the Franklin County Fairgrounds off the the north outerbelt (270) in Hilliard , easily accessed from I-70 to the east and west and I-71 from the north and south. We could hit both the show and the museum. (easy freeway access to and from the museum as well)

G

·
have you been to the gunshow at the old westland mall in columbus?
there is one this month, the 27th and the 28th.they seem alot bigger than the one in hillard.
i will be going the 28th[sunday].

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't been to a show since last spring. I think I might have to check that one out, I read the notice for the last one in the newspaper but couldn't free up the time. Thanks for posting the info, perhaps I can do a little holiday shopping! Do you know if the Westland show is replacing the fairgrounds shows? (run by PRO)

:thankyou:

·
Poof no eyebrows
1,421 Posts
I've wanted to go to the westland mall shows, but they never seem to be when I have time off. Are they worth going to?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
klauss said:
I've wanted to go to the westland mall shows, but they never seem to be when I have time off. Are they worth going to?
I'm curious myself? I will be checking it this month, Ill post an overview.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I will proudly be taking my 1 week Christmas vacation this year to Columbus, Ohio. My family and I are leaving December 18th and will return to Kennesaw, Georgia on the 28th. We will be in Reynoldsburg, Gahanna area. Any Ohioans from that area want to get together and show off some of their builds that week I would like to meet ya'll. If you PM with your area and # we could work something out.

G

·
i don't think the westland show is going to replace the hillard show, they have both been going on for awhile.
i think the westland mall show is quite a bit bigger.lot's of tables.
and they are both ran by PRO.

·
Registered
138 Posts
mbadboyz- I grew up in Gahanna, actually Blacklick, right between Gahanna and reynoldsburg. Probably close to your parents.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Man, I hope I can make it up there today. I've gotta stick around to at least say "Hello" to some relatives that are visiting, hope they get here soon.

Bud, I lived in Gahanna up until 1981. Boy, the area you described sure has changed. Houses, condos, apartments and shopping centers galore. It won't be long before the urban sprawl stretches clear to Pataskala which has grown quite a bit as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts