1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
I think Indiana should file a lawsuit against Ohio if this state receives any damage from water overflowing the "Ohio" river.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Pogo said:
I think Indiana should file a lawsuit against Ohio if this state receives any damage from water overflowing the "Ohio" river.
Actually, I think Kentucky owns most of the Ohio River.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Then Indiana should sue both of the states and get double damages. :D

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
A good litigation lawyer knows to go for the deep pockets no matter how ridiculous. The name of the river being Ohio should be good enough for a mega million dollar settlement between the attorneys on both sides.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Custer said:
Actually, I think Kentucky owns most of the Ohio River.
Actually, West Virginia owns a big hunk of it as well.

·
Angry White Man
3,381 Posts
What! No international aid for OUR flood victims?

·
Registered
138 Posts
A good friend of mine got chased out of her Hooters at Newport job because of the flood. She now is picking up shifts at fields ertel where she will make alot less $$. Think of the Hooters Girls!

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
The flooding happens just about every year.

And every year the media interviews some people who live along the river who tearfully tell of how they "lost everything". Then the reporter asks if they are going to move back when the flood recedes and they sey "Yep. Lived here all my life".

·
Code name: Felix
6,361 Posts
Custer said:
The flooding happens just about every year.

And every year the media interviews some people who live along the river who tearfully tell of how they "lost everything". Then the reporter asks if they are going to move back when the flood recedes and they sey "Yep. Lived here all my life".
Fema=$$$$$$$

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Most of these people do not get the insurance and private carriers will not offer it in the highest risk flood plain areas.

One reason my company moved from being downtown was that it was almost wiped out in the 1997 flood. We built a new plant 20 miles north of town in 1999. We now buy flood insurance.

·
6,361 Posts
Flood insurance is relatively inexpensive down here but mandatory in sore fema designated areas of town, luckly I don't need it, but I have seen my homeowners insurance go from $450 to $2,700 per year in 12 years. Sometimes I wonder if I should pay it at all or just place the money in an interest bearing account and become self-insured.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Why not see if you can get a policy with a huge deductible (self insurance) and put the money saved into an interest bearing account and only buy catastrophic?

·
Registered
369 Posts
I grew up next to the river in Newport, Ky. We had a floodwall to protect the smart people. That thing was cool in the winter to sleed ride down. When I turned 18 I left for the Army and never lived by the river since. I like the River but would like to live on a look out on top of the hills if I could, maybe someday. I live in the suburbs now about 10 miles away.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I heard they closed the floodgates yesterday for the first time since the big flood of 97.

·
6,361 Posts
Custer said:
Why not see if you can get a policy with a huge deductible (self insurance) and put the money saved into an interest bearing account and only buy catastrophic?
I'll have to find a way around it... They don't offer too many choices.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Those things are huge. If the water ever came over the wall the world would be over.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts