Gunco Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
'Explosives expert"
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So from what I've gathered I can build a AK pistol with no US parts involved.

So, I ordered the AMD kit, and still need a reciever. Now I'm doing this w/ a so so equiped workshop.

First question, were can I find a 80% like reciever that won't need heat treating? ( could do the heat treat, but would like to get arround it if possible)

OH, its a screw build......

Third, How hard would it be to install a Krink FSB and big ole bulgy FH on there, basicly make it look like a 7.62 Krink. While replacing as few parts as possible?

Yes, I've been doing lotsa lurking old post already. This is some stuff I wanted to clear up first...

Espicaly the reciever part, because I don't want the bend it yourself stuff..

You know, getting it as Krink like as possible..... :)

:thankyou:

·
Registered
825 Posts
I am going to have to read up on the laws. I didn't know that pistols were exempt from 922r.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
922r only states "Semi automatic rifles and shotguns" So the general understanding is that pistols require no US parts..

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Leadhead said:
...were can I find a 80% like reciever that won't need heat treating? ( could do the heat treat, but would like to get arround it if possible)....
Aint gonna happen bro.

All 80%ers will require at least heat treating the axis pin holes.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Heat treating isn't that hard to do with an El cheapo Oxy/Acet Bernzo-matic torch set or if you have a buddy with a good one.

There are some posts about basic heat treating around here. You only need to heat treat small areas at a time, so it's a good way to learn.

·
'Explosives expert"
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, so then what would be the next easeist reciever for me (flats included).

Being a pistol it also needs to be a DIY reciever, because you can't build a pistol on a rifle reciever without making it a SBR..........sucks-don't it........

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
You can buy a 100% receiver and have it transfered as a pistol receiver.

If you can beg, borrow or steal a bender, the flats are the easiest.
But I have also done several using bent blanks. They are pretty easy if you have a drill press and a Dremel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts