Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first love. We're still together after over 26 years!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's her new Stroker Motor. She'll SCREAM!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I love the color and now all it needs is a #20 sticker on the doors!

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
When I was in college, I missed a deal by 15 minutes. A garage kept 67 Stingray, under 20,000 original miles, original paint that still looked new, original tires, with a 427 under the hood. They were looading it on a flatbed when I got there. The Vette belonged to this old lady's husband and she got rid of it for $2000. Man I was one sick puppy. 15 minutes!!!!

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Preacher said:
When I was in college, I missed a deal by 15 minutes. A garage kept 67 Stingray, under 20,000 original miles, original paint that still looked new, original tires, with a 427 under the hood. They were looading it on a flatbed when I got there. The Vette belonged to this old lady's husband and she got rid of it for $2000. Man I was one sick puppy. 15 minutes!!!!
AAAAAaaaarrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggg!!!!! A 427 '67 ? @##[email protected]#@$%$#$, Original? @#$##@[email protected]!!!!!!!!

Thats ok Preacher, I could have bought,,,,,for $2500,,,,,an all original B.B.Hemi Plymouth Superbird! :eek: How was I to know that they'd be worth $80,000 and up? @#$##$##@#$#$#

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
Yeow!!!!

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Mommy...!!!

That's not a car... that's a work of art.

Lynch

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Stingray.......mine is not as purdy as yours but this is a 1962 that I used to own.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
1962 Vette

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
DorGunR said:
Stingray.......mine is not as purdy as yours but this is a 1962 that I used to own.
DorGunR, although mine is now almost 30 yrs old now, I just don't think of it as "one of the ole vettes".
At one time I found a '64, but it slipped through my fingers. Wanna talk about sad. Tell ya the truth DorGunR, one day, hopefully I'll luck up and find a sweety like your '62. Now THAT,,,,,,,, is a BEAUTIFUL Vette!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
75_stingray said:
DorGunR, although mine is now almost 30 yrs old now, I just don't think of it as "one of the ole vettes".
At one time I found a '64, but it slipped through my fingers. Wanna talk about sad. Tell ya the truth DorGunR, one day, hopefully I'll luck up and find a sweety like your '62. Now THAT,,,,,,,, is a BEAUTIFUL Vette!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Stingray......as you know the '62 was the last of the old stlye Vetts as the first Stingray came out in '63...........sure wish I still had it.
You have a beautiful Vette, don't let it get away from you.:nono::biggrin:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
There is no such thing as a Vette with no chrome bumbers

These plastic things are no corvettes..

DorGunR said:
1962 Vette

No that was a Corvette!!

Nice car anyways, Just yankin your chain..hehehe

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Those are both very nice cars and I love the vintage pics. My Dad a had 57 Belair from 63 to 69? He never had a pic of it though, but it was a crazy machine. Stroked 283 to 310 with a 327 crank. Killer can that didn't start it's best power until about 4500 prm. Cut front springs with lower front bumper remove. 4 spd T10 with 5.33 rear gears. Ran about 12 second quarter, but he could never keep from spinning bearings:D My Dad built drag engines in the 60's for people and he did a lot of street racing as well. On the Westside of Cincy my Dad was known as the guy that could fix any engine or make it scream. He said he called himself Nerd Wrench and all he cared about was making cars go fast, but he was the real deal and not a poseur.

He has a 63 Nova with a straight 6 that was bored and stroked as well. It was one of those cars that surprised the hell out of people. He didn't stop there as he built a bunch of VW's that ran like scalded dogs. He also built a car I called the Killer Rabbit (VW Rabbit) after the Rabbit in Monty Python's Holy Grail. I had a 72 Cutlass that was mostly stock and I ran a 15.0 quarter with it. I raced him one night and the killer Rabbit could pull away from that Cutlass. I used to drive that car a lot too and make my high school firends mad when I beat their Chevelles and Mustangs with it.

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
You want to talk about hindsight.

Around 68/69 I let a towing yard keep a 56 Nomad (nice, all original) for the towing and storage charges I owed. (IIRC around $200)

In the mid 70's I traded a cherry 65 Malibu SS ragtop for a for a dragster chassis I hardly even used.
A year later We all went to rear engine chassis.

I junked numerous 55-57 chevys just because they were a dime a dozen back then.

I kick myself daily

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SangRun Hunter said:
He has a 63 Nova with a straight 6 that was bored and stroked as well. It was one of those cars that surprised the hell out of people.
CHEVY II, "in Tim the Toolman Voice," Hurrrr Hurrrrr Hurrrr" I love em!

OK GUY'S, Let's see those HotRods, Tuners, StreetRods, Motorcycles,,,,,,,Airplanes!

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
I got a buddy with an original 66 SS Nova straight 6 car. He restored it and dropped in a 383 or 400, I can't quite remember. It's all original expect engine and tranny. That is a nice ride and does it surprise people when he tromps them!

He likes to tell people it's just a warmed up 283. :lol:

·
deactive ~ and in trouble
1,781 Posts
I had....had....a 67 Mustang with a factory 390 in it. I got hit in it one night and the insurance company gave me what I paid for it and let me keep the car. I sold it. 18 months later Mustang prices started rising and body parts became readily available. The car would be worth a small fortune today. :( I loved that car, it was uhhh sorta quick ;)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts