Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, gunco I was wondering how many here played an instrument. If so what do you play. I am bass first, guitar second, and would like to learn the Piano.

·
President for Life Field Marshall Doctor Bluedog D
1,604 Posts
I am a left handed guitarist, I can sing pretty well, and I elicit stange tones from womens.

(Jake, your avatar really bugs me. I don't want to get too specific in case that woman is your mother or something, but, isnt there something more indicative of your complex personality? )

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I only dabble in banjo and guitar, but I was a recording engineer for many famous musicians and record labels for many years. Does that count?

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Sax, and i'm trying to learn the guitar..not to good at that yet..

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats cool we got some talented people here. Playing the radio counts too. hehe

Bluedog,
That chick in the avatar isn't mom its an ex-g/f. That was here when she was in her mid 30's. I think she is in her early 40's now.

Viragos banjo is a tough instrument. Thats for sure.

WC846,
Let me know if you need any help with guitar I would be glad to assist you.

·
President for Life Field Marshall Doctor Bluedog D
1,604 Posts
Viragos said:
I was a recording engineer for many famous musicians and record labels for many years. Does that count?
Only if you tell stories and name names. We're waiting.

·
No Member
1,941 Posts
I had a drum set in the late 60's/70's and played in some garage bands and at a few colleges.My second set of drums came from the American Breed,remember them? Bend me shape me...I thought not. I haven't played in 25 years though I still have a 60's Rogers Dynasonic snare drum.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Joke: " Hey what do you call a musician that just broke up with his girlfriend?" "HOMELESS"!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
681 Posts
and nobody mentioned the skin flute?
I play guitar... I also build these... just bought my son a telecaster body and moses graphite neck for X-mas.
I own a Strat, an Ibanez, a Washburn, and a Telecaster (all electric), a Tacoma DM20, Tacoma Papose, and a Martin (acoustics). I have a Peavey rage practice amp that my son uses with the Washburn, and daddy's amp is a Fender Princeton Chorus.
Love them Blues!

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I played the saxophone in the school band--no band nerd jokes plz

I do make ringtones for my cell phone does that count? lol

SangRun Hunter said:
I can play with.... Ah never mind! That was a cheap joke :D
yes cheap joke aside--I'll add to it :biggrin:

lol.....how bizarre that's my favorite "instrument" :wink:

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow SKShunter you got quite a collection of stuff there to jam on. Magnus when you say sound rienforcement do you mean like PA equipment and all?

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
tjames1 said:
I had a drum set in the late 60's/70's and played in some garage bands and at a few colleges...
Ditto.

I remember finally nailing Wipeout by the Safaris, I was so proud.
Sold my kit in the early 70's when I got into racing, haven't picked up a stick since.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Bluedog said:
Only if you tell stories and name names. We're waiting.
Take up the rest of the year to tell all the stories, at least the ones I can remember. My Zenith in the business came in the early 70's. {Rest of the post has been edited out by Viragos} Bluedog you missed your shot good buddy. I named names, etc. Haven't seen you on this thread in over 48 hrs.

·
Loaner
5,358 Posts
Peacemaker said:
Wow SKShunter you got quite a collection of stuff there to jam on. Magnus when you say sound rienforcement do you mean like PA equipment and all?
Yeah I have my own sound company, and all the equipment. Nothing fancy but fun to do. I do mainly DJ work but prefer live sound. It just doesn't pay anything and there are few bands playing around here.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I play the mountain Dulcimer, do that count????

1 - 20 of 52 Posts