1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
View attachment 36753

Todays arrivals

From top to bottom in Photo

1.)Arisaka type 99 short rifle (without mum)
2.) Lee Enfiled No. 4 Mk 2 UF 55 - all matching with Bayonet
3.) Lee Enfield No 2 Mk 4/1 .22 training rifle- with the 22 barrel (not the insert)
4.) MN 39 Finn Mosin- 1942 B Barrel- matching except for magazine
5.) Parkerized Mosin with all the trimmings- Round revr, Tula, 1939- all matching incl bayonet
6.) M-44 Hex, Tula, Laminated Stock- all matching

At extreme bottom is a Case V44 WWII fighting/Survival Knife.

I love AK's, SKS and semi auto's in general but there is something about those old bolt actions that really appeals to me.

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
I know you're happy happy to be back stateside now!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mr Stalker,

You can say that again! I really missed the US. In all the world from what I've seen in my travels the US is a very special place because of the 2nd amendment among other things and it's citizens that have the right to bear arms.

Sure law abiding citizens can own firearms in some other countries but it's very restrictive compared to the US.

IMHO Our founding fathers were very wise men indeed.

·
Where's my lathe?
1,104 Posts
OK, this isn't easy but..
I'll take 2,4 and 6.
Flip a coin for the V44, heads you keep it and tails it's mine.
It's decisions like this that keep me up at night.

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
i like the old bolt guns too--

decades ago i sold off most on my mill surp bolt actions because at that time i didn't have the storage space for all of them and the various ammo--

i make a bone head move every so often--LOL

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
I would not worry about there being no mum on the arisika, make sure it does not have a wood buttplate and fixed rear site other than that great shooters, since you have other 303's you can easily reload them all with the same projectile, powder & primer

also check the bolt head on the enfield 22 make sure its factory

bolt guns can more fun then the sleek black rifles and semi-auto battle rifles,

graf and sons has all the boxer brass for these rifles and get as much cheap 7.62x54r from sportsmans guide while you can Blackblade had a post yesterday on the ammo special they have

·
3/6 Infantry
4,766 Posts
I don't have the Arisaka yet, should have got one when they were trying to give them away.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
in the 70's you could pick up a nice flea market war throphy arisika for $40, because only norna ammo was available at a buck a round. My buddy and I bought a few cause I was buying real jap 7.7 at funshows in the original leather & rubberized canvas pouches, all the fired cases were converted to boxer ( I have discussed this process to ad nausesium) using 303 projectiles
then in the early 90's the chinese dumped a sh*t load of 7.7mm semi rimmed on the market we bought a crate full from sarco, we popped those in a drill press and file and took down the rim, we still have some of that stuff shoots great

oh the memories

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the kind comments Gentlemen.

I should have started collecting Milsurps earlier.

Romaniac..all the rifles in that photo came from Family Firearms and Finishes. (www.familyfirearmsandfinishes.com) . I really shouldn't tell ya all about this because I don't need the competition . But then again I need to look out for my Gunco brothers.

Talk to Mr. Todd Lacher. He runs a small business and visits all the big importers/big online dealers and gunshows and shops and scours their stock for the best firearms. He runs across all sorts of unusual things. He isn't cheap but you get a gun exactly or better than described. He is as honest as the day is long. Now if you get him on the phone to chat about guns, bring a sandwich because you are going be there for a while. :) That 22 trainer cost 450 dollars. It has the 22 barrel as opposed to the insert.The only other place I seen that had them was SAMCO Global arms (www.samcoglobal.com). They have No. 2 MKIV's that were converted from 410 muskets for 595 dollars (they say in excellent condition).

j427x, yep I hear ya. I got rid of a lot of stuff back in the day (ruger single six with the extra magnum cylinder, Fox double barrel shotgun etc., etc) that I wish I had now.

Sprat and Mtdew. That is my first Arisaka. Dad was in WWII so I have a keen interest in firearms from that era. I sure did wish I had bought them years ago when they were affordable.

·
Citizen, Patriot, Ranger
2,862 Posts
OK, this isn't easy but..
I'll take 2,4 and 6.
Flip a coin for the V44, heads you keep it and tails it's mine.
It's decisions like this that keep me up at night.
I'll wrestle you for #2.....

·
Registered
305 Posts
Romaniac..all the rifles in that photo came from Family Firearms and Finishes. (www.familyfirearmsandfinishes.com) . I really shouldn't tell ya all about this because I don't need the competition . But then again I need to look out for my Gunco brothers.
Thank you kindly Sir! As for the competition no need to worry. I am just looking for a Lee Enfield in .22 to add to my collection and of course for plinking.
I will contact Mr. Lacher and see if he can find me one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts