Gunco Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
H&R shotgun from long ago and a BSA red dot. Enter my father and you have a slug gun for woods hunting that hits a paper plate at 100 yards.

He did a little work to re-engineer some weaver mounts and 1 inch rings. The rings are shimmed with some thin metal as they are almost the right size for the barrel.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Good thinking on the mounting. That's the thing I love about gun people, they come up with some neat ideas.:thumbup1: :)

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
HHHHHMMMM, the new tech doesn't seem to be showing views or replies to this thread??

EDIT: Now it is, I guess it's my PC again.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
SangRun Hunter said:
It's showing for me. Must be your dial up connection. :bawling:
Please say it ain't so, I'm technically challenged.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
gotta love H&R shotguns. I still have mine (it was my first shotgun). Is that a 12 gauge by chance?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Sang, your Dad's first name isn't "Bubba" I hope. :biggrin: Just kiddin' Man. GG

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's a 12 and it was $20 in and old shop down in West Virginia. The red dot is worth more than the gun. The gun is probably about 80 years old too. Kicks like a damn mule! My Dad has a 16 H&R as well.

It's a take down model as well which makes it even cooler.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You might know this old guys shop my Dad goes to Cephus. It's about and hour from Were he is and he's just inside Maryland. The guys shop is in WV and he used to be Police Chief of Balitmore of something like that? The guy is real old and has real bad health. He's closed a lot because of his health, but my Dad says it's a junkyard for guns. He's got bins full of actions and parts. Dad got a real nice double action from some Belgian maker that's about 100 years old. He says one day he'll put it together if he finds barrels. It's got the exposed double hammers and triggers.

The guy always has Mauser barrels too, but most are 8mm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts