Gunco Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the best Thanksgiving sitcom I ever saw was the WKRP Turkey Drop episode. Does anyone else remember it? No sex, no bad language, no insults or humor at someone else's expense. I thought turkeys could fly. :lol: :lol: :lol: You Cinci guys should remember that. Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving all!!! :thumbup1: Jack

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
scubadvr said:
I think the best Thanksgiving sitcom I ever saw was the WKRP Turkey Drop episode. Does anyone else remember it? No sex, no bad language, no insults or humor at someone else's expense. I thought turkeys could fly. :lol: :lol: :lol: You Cinci guys should remember that. Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving all!!! :thumbup1: Jack
Yeah, it was a classic.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Jack,

My Dad still belly laughs at that episode and he often brings it up around the holidays. Growing up here in Cincy we religiously watched that show even though it had so little to do with Cincy. All they did was film a few intro shots and the names they used to neigborhoods weren't even correct, but still loved it.

There is an urban legend that it's based on one of the wackier radio stations we have here from it's early days struggling in the FM market late 60's. I'm not sure if it's true, but local lore wouldn't be far off.

·
Registered
625 Posts
?God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly?
The part where Less is reporting the Turkey drop like it?s the Hindenburg disaster complete with ?OOOH the Humanity of it? quote was fantastic. One of the best shows they ever did, a true classic.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Yeah, the turkey drop and the one where the Highway patrol offficer tried to get Johnny drunk on the air to prove alchohol slows the reflexes. Seen 'em both a hundred times and still laugh my butt off every time.

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Preacher said:
Yeah, the turkey drop and the one where the Highway patrol offficer tried to get Johnny drunk on the air to prove alchohol slows the reflexes. Seen 'em both a hundred times and still laugh my butt off every time.

Yeah, and Johnny never got drunk! That was a great episode!

·
Registered
508 Posts
The WKRP turkey drop episode is one of the most memorable sitcom episodes I can recall. I grew up watching so many yet that one stands out. Poor Les and his lowly news scooter. WKRP was one of the good ones, I rarely watch any of the newer sitcoms.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
SangRun Hunter said:
Yeah, and Johnny never got drunk! That was a great episode!
I also have to mention the one where terroists blew up thier transmitter and Johnny thought it was the phone police. Just in case you can't remeber, Johnny was mad because he missed out on a great bet and smashed the phone with a tool box(which had the bomb in BTW). Thus he thought the phone cops where "playing hardball."

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
That episode was a classic, funny show.

I cant believe were on the second page and no one has mentioned Jennifer.
She was pretty hot back then.

Attachments

·
deactive ~ and in trouble
1,781 Posts
Bailey was hotter IMHO. The show where she slutted up to get Andy's attention sure got mine :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts