Gunco Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about buying a OOW reciever, but I notice they say it is over 1 milimeter thick. will I have the same trouble that comes with global oversize recievers?? I am not going to mill my trunions even if I have to ues vulcans. I realy want to go with a better name reciever but milling the trunions is not an option. can some guys that have actualy built on OOW recievers PLEASE post in and advise me on the good , the bad, and the ugly of OOW.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
No, there is no need to mill the trunnions.. I belive the exra thiknes is on the outside dimension.. That being said, I have had no problems with the fcg pin, only the selector lever needs tweeked a little to get in, this I done with a fingernail file.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
OK, so lets say one of us wanted to have one of the thicker receivers. What exactly do they mill on the trunnion. How much do they take off on both sides? If I've got access to a milling machine, exactly how hard would it be to do this? You have to mill not only the sides inside the receiver, but what about the lip with the groove that the edge of the receiver slides into. Does that have to be widened out, or can you just file down the lip of the receiver so that it fits in without having to widen the groove? How much do they charge to have this done? If this isn't hard maybe I could look into milling a few of these.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
.6 mil off each side. as for the slot I would guess you are rite either way . thin out rail or widen up slot. at all ends up to be expensive in my oppinion . and then the trunions are commited to the oversive reciever too. this is not for me but some guys do like them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts