Gunco Forums banner

oppinions needed

490 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  hotbarrel 
#1 ·
I made some bucking bars a wile ago, and now one of them is beeing passed around for the price of shipping. I love this idea!!!! so here is ware I am now, I want to make a RECIEVER SIZE park tank to go around for the price of shipping. the deal is when you are done you MUST send it to the next guy and pay the shipping to him. you should only keep it a reasonable amount of time. If you have nobody is in line after yourself then you should post on gunco that you have it and offer it out, every so often till someone else dose want it.
I am willing to fabrocate the tank AND pay the first shipping to anyone that needs to use a reciever size tank to get it started.
I know a full size tank to do a reciever and barrel assy. would be more in demand but believe me the postage is NOT CHEAP on a full size tank.
what do you guys think!! is their enough demand for the shorter tank?? I do not want to do this if their is basicaly no demand for it.
maby if you could just post in and let me know if you think you would 1 want it now, 2 want it sometime or 3 if you would never use a reciever size tank. please help me with as much HONEST feedback as possable.

note ,, I am thinking a tank big enough to take a reciever with a rear tang comfortably, but not so big as to waste park mix. ples reply :thankyou:
the hotbarrel

See less See more
#2 ·
Hotbarrel,

You truely are a gentleman and a scholar with a generous spirit! (How is your hand? I hope that you are healing well!)

Here is what I think.

1. A receiver sized tank will be great for small parts, but it will leave the user wishing that he had a tank that would take the barreled receiver and small parts.

Here is an idea:
How about making a reduced dimension tank long enough to park a barreled receiver and small parts?

There is a man named Jeff Gresser that makes 6" X 6" X 35", 22 ga, stainless steel park tanks for $110.00 plus $11.00 shipping. Could you produce a tank that is not so deep, not so wide and not so long? This would save on the price of shipping. This size tank should save in the amount of chemestry used. This sized tank should take less gas to heat the chemestry.

I think that this size would be a little better for the home shop that is only going to park a rifle or two, and then pass it on. As a matter of fact please private message me sometime. I think that I would like to have three of these made. One for boil out cleaning, one for parking, one for cold water bath - post park.

I hope this opinion helps!

Yours,
Thumb Clip Pull Pin.

#3 ·
Yes I can make a tank with better dimentions. however my tanks will be made of thicker material they are STRONG and SOLID. I am very happy to do this if enough members are intrested.
By the fact that you are the only responce, I had asked and said "please reply" . I will assume their is allmost no demand. I realy had hopes this would be more popular.
I am still willing to do a tank for all the gunco members to use but I will need to get more intrest in the exchange system. otherwise I will just sell them one at a time.
Thank you for the price comparison, it is good to see that all the full size tanks I sold went out for well under half that price.
I guess all I can do is say more oppinions please. yes, no, or an improved size. just vote .
thanks thumb clip pull pin for your suggestion.

#6 ·
It is always a good idea - Would the park tank work good for doing mags too?

#7 ·
if you guys want a full size tank it cost about 17 dollars to ship. so you could use it all you wanted in a reasonable amount of time for cheap. yes you can do mags in it, but it will be some extra chemical. as for how much for chemicals.. I bought a bottel for like $20 and it dose a LOT of batches. price will vary depending on the chemical.ie zinc or mang. total cost for a barreled reciever for chemicals and shipping of tank would be like $40 and you will have plenty chemicals left. that can be prety cheap if you do more than one part. a small tank cost like 9 dollars to ship.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.