Gunco Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am waiting for an SAS3 kit to be delivered. Has anyone had any experience converting a Stengun to semi-auto using one of these kits? I have three kits to build. This will be a precurser to building the semi-auto Beretta 38A when the conversion is available. The kits come from the same company.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Are semi-auto parts available for your kit? I remember shooting a Sten years ago (Military Training) and the firing pin was machined into the bolt (like the old MAC10's). Are you going to do the maching to remove that fixed pin and make a closed bolt gun, what about the FCG?

If parts for semi-auto were available like the AK suff I would think it would be easy to build plus of course having a welder wouldn't hurt either.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The SAS3 kit comes with a new bolt that has a floating firing pin and fires from a closed position. Kit includes everything for the conversion. It even has the barrel extention and 80% receiver.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sharky47 said:
Just be sure to post pics, sounds like a fun project!
I will do that. It may take me a while to get the guts to start on one, but I have been getting a lot of encouragement from some guys on the Sten boards. They actually are asking me about AKs!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah, I've always wanted a sten - I would HAVE to SBR it because I think those 16" ones look kinda retarded. Spending that much money one a semi Sten would be kinda rediculous, but I kinda like them and if I ever get around to it I will probably build one too.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The police just stopped a guy in my neck of the woods for a traffic violation and found a Sten in his car. The news (though most of the time wrong) said that it was a full auto WWII British submachine gun. Looks like Club Fed for this guy. These are the people that are ruining our hobby.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts