Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back House Representative Scott Brown came to speak during one of our club meetings, looking for our support in his run for the Senate.

He was a third term Representative (Republican, with a GOAL rating of 98%) looking to unseat Angus Mcquilken (Democrat, GOAL rating F)

This is directly from Mcquilken's website

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Chief of Staff to state Senator Cheryl Jacques for eleven years, Angus worked hard for the families of this district by providing top-notch constituent services and by helping to author and pass dozens of significant reforms including:

the toughest gun control law in the nation

a law making interest on student loans tax deductible

a law making child abuse reporting mandatory for members of the clergy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So obviously We wanted to help.
Ours is not a large club, around 250 members, but we are very active and we vote.

Scott won his seat in the Senate by 129 votes :thumbup1:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
:thankyou:

Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
scubadvr said:
Nope, now I can be a proud Alum of the University of Akron Law School. I am on Pennsylvanian that loves OHIO!!!
When did you graduate?

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
Time for a good cigar and some couch time tonight!! Last night was a tough one.LOL!!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I graduated in 1985. This was my third career change. I spent some of my best and worst years in Akron. All in all, I love the town and the area. I guess I really am a Zip. Jack

·
Registered
625 Posts
Don?t get too happy about Bush winning, He?s better than Kerry but he?s still not the gun owners friend.

·
deactive ~ and in trouble
1,781 Posts
Oldgunner said:
Don?t get too happy about Bush winning, He?s better than Kerry but he?s still not the gun owners friend.

Nope he's not but he sure beats the snot out of kerry!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I think he has learned. Maybe I should say, I hope he has learned. He was endorsed by the NRA, thats a large chunk of voters. They funded ads, and took a stand. If he or others have not learned, all they need to do is check the history. We are a law biding group. If you cross us, don't expect our vote. By the way, screw those gun owners that voted for Kerry. They put their politics before our Constitutional rights. To me they are worse than the anti-gun people. They are the true turncoats. A pox on their house. God bless America, and the wonderful state of OHIO!!

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm so thrilled with Ohio, I'm not even going to make fun of the Bengals any more.
Well at least not for the rest of the season.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
scubadvr said:
I graduated in 1985. This was my third career change. I spent some of my best and worst years in Akron. All in all, I love the town and the area. I guess I really am a Zip. Jack
1977 grad here.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I knew it Custer, just not the school or year!

I'm in good company.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
LMAO!

WFU '82. I had a weird URESA child support case from Ohio where a client was charged with arrearages, although he had receipts and cancelled checks. Seems the Clerk of Court had lost records of payments... very weird. I figured some sort of corruption had been involved. The action for arrearages was dropped afterwards.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
I was wondering if perhaps I knew Jack from school but I was long gone when he was there and I also left the area for Cincinnati within months of graduation.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts