Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These parents in Florida have gone on strike until their kids start helping around the house. They are camped out in the driveway untile their teenagers start cleaning up and taking responsibilty for themselves.

I just heard this on the radio.

What the hell! Start kickin' ass and taking names! Take their stuff and throw it in the yard! That's what my neighbors did to their chronically lazy teenage son. He came home from school and all his clothes and sheets, pillows, books, games, otherr non fragile stuff was all over the side yard. It got through to him! :D

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Those parents are the reason kids become adults and don't have the capability of taking care of themself. The parents should have started whuppin some butt years ago.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Pogo said:
Those parents are the reason kids become adults and don't have the capability of taking care of themself. The parents should have started whuppin some butt years ago.
AMEN! :thumbup1:

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
I just heard about it on the radio. And, guess what the occupation of the father is? Answer: A local govt employee.......................... a social worker. :rofl: :thankyou: :bawling: :boxing:

And he's helping other people help with their problems? :headspin: :cool: :headspin: :bangin: :kick:

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
When I was a counselor-type, had a client who was pretty cool. Checked with Children's Protective Services (CPS) to find out just where the threshold of child neglect rested.

His son came home to find a mattress, a blanket, a pillow and a single change of clothing in his room. Everything else had been put in storage. Dad explained that he was being provided the legal minimum for free. He was also entitled to bathing facilities and three nutitious - if perhaps rather bland - meals a day. If he wanted to have anything more than that, anything, while living at home he was going to have to earn it by getting his act together.

Want a sheet? OK, let's talk about the price of sheets around here. Take the garbage out and you can have a sheet.

Mmmm. This steak is good. Yeah, I guess you're right, rice, beans, and a vegetable is probably getting pretty tiresome, but it sure is nutritious. Want a steak? Let's talk about the price of steaks around here...

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When my Dad grew up he worked from about age 10 on. He had to provide some of his own stuff if he wanted something. Can you imagine most kids these days having to do that? For him it was normal in the blue collar area he lived in with parents being the depression era type parents.

I had it much easier even though it was not like today or even as easy as my friends had it.

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
When I went to high school, I worked to buy my lunch. Otherwise it would be left overs from what we didn't eat the day before in a brown paper bag. I bought most of my clothes, and paid for my own gas in my car. Actully, my boys paid for most of that stuff on their own too. It's really a part of teaching a kid to grow up and to provide for himself.

·
Class 07 FFL/SOT
6,297 Posts
I started working when I was 14 years old because I didn't want to sit at home on ass with no money.I didn't come from a poor home by any stretch,but as far as walking up to Mom or Dad and saying"Can I have some money to go out and party on tonight........?" No fucking way...I would rather have eaten worms.I ate good and had nice clothes and lived in a middleclass all white neighborhood but the "Extras" I had to do on my own."Want to buy a car.......get a job".....etc.So I did.I have become accustomed to making my own way in the world and not having to suck dick to have a fucking thing.I want somthing....I go and buy it...or create the conditions necessary for it to come to pass.

I moved out of Mom and Dads house when I started college after High school,and have not been back there to live since.My parents bought me into the world and I have allways tried NOT to be a pain in their ass and have been mostly successful at it.

I have seen other parents "Give their kids everything" and say shit like"I didn't have anything when I was their age and don't want MY KIDS to suffer like I did..." People who raise their children like that......seem like they allways end up with junkies,deadbeats and lazy pieces of shit for offdspring.IMHO.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I was born a slave, taught myself to read with a stolen bible, walked barefoot through the snow to school after I escaped, fought the dog for scraps...

·
Class 07 FFL/SOT
6,297 Posts
Abraham Smegma,you are my hero.When will you set our people free?

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dzerzhinsky said:
I was born a slave, taught myself to read with a stolen bible, walked barefoot through the snow to school after I escaped, fought the dog for scraps...

Did you grow up in North Korea?

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Most kids definately have it too soft nowadays!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
If I did'nt do as I was told when I was a kid, a ass beating was in order.. this is just another sign of the self destruction of America.. We are rasing a nation of insolents..

·
Registered
286 Posts
Parents are children's worst enemy at times. And what Custer says about being a single father..... Truer words were never spoken, period. I run head on into my wife over the kids all the time. Given her way she would coddle their young asses until they were absolutely worthless. Simple things like, 15 year old son stands up with a glass of milk and for whatever reason the bottom falls right out of it dumping a full glass of milk right into the carpet and she immediately drops to her knees and starts cleaning it up while he stands and watches!!! Needless to say I hit the roof right there. Let me tell you it goes absolutely down hill from there. Ask any one of my three kids, they have all been subject to having their rooms gutted and the doors torn off the hinges, tortilla and bean diet from one report card to the next, etc. Currently the youngest one (now 17 and a Jr.) is being given his lunch money and allowance in one lump sum. If he is broke on Tuesday, guess what, you go hungry. He does not even think about trying to brown bag it if he is broke, the results would not be pretty for sure. My middle child unfortunately neccesitated my envolvement with Tough Love. Let me tell you that is nothing more than a support group of pissed off parents that sit around and network with other pissed of parents and figure out just where the legal line is on child abuse. I learned a few nasty tricks from them and more than anything else I got two things from them 1) The motivation from other people's examples to do what I always knew was right in the first place and 2) The vindication in front of my wife and weak ass in-laws that what I was doing was not only 100% the right thing to do but that I needed to do more of it. Try attending school with your teenage kid sometime, the look on their face when they waltz into their first period class and the old man is sitting there is priceless. The last thing that kid wants is to have to go through another entire day of school with his dad. And when he slacks off, you spin the sights around and send momma to school with him this time and they both get a lesson.
"Parents on Strike" someone should take those lazy jerk offs out behind the wood shed and serve up a little whoop ass on them and then go set the dead beat kids straight. :pissed:

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Our kids are grown now and on their own.

From time to time my wife and I will have a sort of post mortem where we discuss what we did right and wrong in raising them. We even have these discussions with the kids which is usually good for a laugh.

In virtually every case, we seem to conclude that we were never wrong when we said "no" to getting them something or allowing them to do something. The regrets were always the "yes".

·
Registered
12,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Jimmy Kimmel had these 2 on his show last night live from their driveway. I just happened to run across it as I was getting into bed.

Oh man! They were a hoot! Talk about crazy like bed bugs! She was a twit and he was just weird!

Some people........

1 - 20 of 23 Posts