Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a picture of my Jager AP-80 chambered in 22 magnum rimfire. It has a threaded barrel and walnut furniture. I have yet to see another one like it in this caliber. I can't find any spare parts for it either. an extra magazine would be nice to have. Oh well its pretty much a safe Queen thats only had about 50 rounds through it.

Attachments

·
Registered
508 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EWII,tcon.net has some great info on the AK copies.Thanks for passing that on. I book marked for future reference.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I think it's a cool (cute??) little rifle. Would be great for when a Dad goes to shoot his AK and brings the kids along and they shoot the AP-80. Just a thought.

·
Registered
65 Posts

here is my Romanian AK98T .22 trainer with the plastic removed and wood
furniture installed.. these shoot great and the wood gives it a more traditional
look..

·
Registered
65 Posts
SOG still lists them in their mail out flier for $295.00 extra mags are $19.95 each
they only imported 1250 of these Romanian AKT's so not every one will own one
this is what they look like out of the box..

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have recently heard about these trainer AK's.. If I just had extra chas right now I think i would have to get one just cuz of the rare factor... Nice lookin guns gentlemen.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I was wondering, are they gas operated or are they blow back and the gas tube is just for looks?

·
Registered
582 Posts

How do they function? I remember an AR in .22LR that my brother had. It suffered too many FTFs and stovepipes.

Does the Romanian function well?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have shot this Romanian with least 3 bricks of shells thru it and it functions fine,,
not 1 stovepipe or FTF.. I shoot mini mags only thru it.. its been 100% reliable
just give it a good cleaning every 300 rounds..

·
Registered
111 Posts
F-Troop said:

How do they function? I remember an AR in .22LR that my brother had. It suffered too many FTFs and stovepipes.

Does the Romanian function well?

I used to own a Ciener conversion kit for Ar and it would not work reliably with standard velocity ammo. High velocity stuff workd very well.

·
Registered
62 Posts
F-Troop,
They function just like a sttandard 22 semi-auto, straight blowback. I have an Armscor AK22 side folder and the receiver is just a hunk of sheet metal with a 22 semi-auto receiver mounted inside. Mine feed pretty well but I get a few FTFs with the 30 round magazine.
UnderFolder

·
Registered
15,204 Posts
THAT 22 MAAG WOULD BE A GREAT CANADATE FOR A 17 HMR CONVERSION. iVE NEVER SEEN A 22 MAG AK BEFORE ID LOVE TO HAVE ONE.

·
Registered
26 Posts
THAT 22 MAAG WOULD BE A GREAT CANADATE FOR A 17 HMR CONVERSION. iVE NEVER SEEN A 22 MAG AK BEFORE ID LOVE TO HAVE ONE.

short of a "because I can" situation, why would one want to swap it to .17HMR when x39 ammo is pretty similar in price?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts