Gunco Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pogo.........is this from a school reunion???

·
Mystic Knight of the Sea
13,384 Posts
Yep, they all live in the great swamp. :biggrin:

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
I have enough friends without adding gators and snakes to the list.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Preacher said:
How about possum's????:biggrin:

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Preacher said:
Now now, I take exception to that statement. :)

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Polish Taipan said:
Now now, I take exception to that statement. :)
Problem solved. You can have all my snakes.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Preacher said:
Oh sure, YOU do!

But not everybody HAS friends Mr. Preacher!

Actually I had a couple once ..., musta misplaced 'em somewhere.

Betcha I'm not the only one who wouldn't mind a 'gator or a snake or two for friends.

(No Slugs though, can't abide slugs.)

Sometimes only having enemies just isn't enough.

(Long sigh here)

It gets so lonesome sometimes.

You Could take a Gator for a walk, couldn't you?

On a leash?

:)

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
5KNIVES said:
You Could take a Gator for a walk, couldn't you?

On a leash?

:)
Well..........maybe a snake.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
Hey Dundee, haven't seen you around for a while.

If you can put Christmas lights on a dog, you could probably leash train a gator.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I've been around, just not so talkative--busy busyI'm sure the gators at the lake would love a leash--with a nice fuzzy dog attached :eek: mmmmmmmm dinner

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Ive got a HUGE Opposum living in my back yard. It's pretty tame, it once came up to the back door and scratched at the glass like it wanted in. The damn thing's got to be at least 30 pounds. i was having a bonfire one night with a couple friends burning off some brush and scrap 2x4's and I hear twigs crack behind me, so I think its my cat come out to check us out, but lo and behold, there it is not more than 18 inches from my foot, like we werent even there. as it walked by I hollered at it (I had about 8-9 6% ABV microbrews in me) and it just hunkered down a second then kept on truckin'.
I see it at least once a month when it's out on rounds.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Wild Possum Kabob

Ingredients:
1 Still breathing, corn-fed Possum
3 Ripe but firm tomatoes
1 Large white or yellow onion
1/2 pound large mushrooms
2 large green peppers
1 package meat marinade
1/2 cup soy sauce
12 skewers (sticks are okay in Louisiana)

Preparation:
The possum must be alive so that you can scare it, giving you the "wild" taste from all the adrenaline it produces. It is best to hit it over the head with a large object in a humane manner. Boil the possum for 3 minutes to loosen the fur then skin and gut it.
De-limb (chop the little knubby legs off) the possum and cut the meat into 1/2 inch square chunks.
Marinate overnight in a mixture of meat marinade and soy sauce. Kentucky residents who have no fridge can use an ice chest and may use radiator coolant instead of soy sauce.
Thread the meat and veggies onto your skewer/stick in alternating sequences to distribute the delicious flavor evenly.
Cook over a barbecue, pit, 50 gallon drum or any other fire till you get the desired result. For added flavor, you can cook it over burning tires.

Servings: 6
Calories: 12,342
Carbs: Holly 4-barrel
Fat: If you eat this kind of stuff, fat probably isn't your biggest concern.

·
Registered
8,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just think Tammi..........you coulda had N/A's Wild Possum Kabob.:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
N/A 's recipe sounds .... interesting. :rofl:

Actually ate 'possum once, must have been '68 or so, went down to Missouri, way back in the hills to maybe buy a '**** hound. Fellow invited us to stay for supper and it would have been rude to refuse. He apologised that they were pretty broke right then, that's why he was selling a couple of young dogs He also apologised for the fact that supper was going to be 'possum ..... he should have!

Not like Raccoon, Barbequed '**** is absolutely delicious ....until you get a bite of some little teensy bit of fat the cook left on.

Then you're all done eating '**** for ... oh ... a year or so!

In the case of the 'possum stew, after one bite I was done eating possum for ..... well ... forever!

The biscuits were delicious, and there were a lot of them, thankfully.

They raise some great hounds "down South" but they always run '**** and 'possum both.

After spending an hour or two getting to a tree, and finding little joey up there grinning at you is a irksome thing, I've known people to cuss ... at length!

Oh, and thanks for the advice about a pet gator, guess I'll have to stay lonesome for a while longer.

Snake might be okay I guess, do you have to staple the leash on?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts