Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am awaiting my C&R license, so what are the best places for discounts on guns, ammo, or related gear out there?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Brownells offers a discount I think

Send copies of your C&R to as many distibutors as you can ie; AIM, Century, etc etc. You wont get a discount but you will get C&R firearms cheaper than you local gun shop and they will send them right to your house.

Welcome to the poorhouse!

·
Angry White Man
3,379 Posts
At Brownells you'll get dealer pricing if they have a copy of your license on file. Not everything is discounted, but a lot is and it's a pretty significant price reduction.

I intend to allow my license to expire for a while, then maybe start over again with a fresh (empty) bound book. Brownells is the only reason I'd like to keep a C&R license.

·
Always sore, always tired
6,781 Posts
Yep; you can easy pay for the three year liscense with one order from Brownells. I'v heard Midway gives discounts. It will also get you an account at Century International & the better prices that go with it.
There is a C&R thread here with a list of vendors to send copies too.
Remember... DON'T SIGN THE ORIGINAL!! Make many copies & sign them before sending out.

·
Registered
14,032 Posts
AHHHH there's a sticky with a lot of places that give discounts for C&R holders, it's the last one in this section.
http://www.gunco.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28101
A lot of places give you a discount, some more then others or you get sale prices when non-FFL holders don't.

Congrats on the C&R and like Thealien said, welcome to the poor house. :D

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have been compling a list of C&R dealers, in my del.icio.us bookmarks, I update it fairly frequently, whenever I find more dealers.
Bookmarks: http://del.icio.us/vbrtrmn/guns.c%26r.dealers

Dennis Kroh of Empire Arms offers special deals for people who have a C&R on file at his business; via a monthly mailer. The address is on his web site, just send him a basic letter with a signed copy of your C&R and email address. Seems like a nice guy, he answers his email very quickly.
Empire Arms: http://www.empirearms.com/

--Paul

·
Firearms Junkie
145 Posts
Keep your C & R "Safe"

As Bradrock wrote: "Remember... DON'T SIGN THE ORIGINAL!! Make many copies & sign them before sending out."

Also I have purchased a "FILE COPY ONLY" stamp in red ink which I use to stamp my C & R as I use them. All of the gun shops around here do the same - as do the majority of FFL vendors at the gun shows I go to. It gives you a little security in case your C & R gets into the wrong hands.

I made a red arrow where I stamp mine. (Naturally, I blocked out my data on this upload and place the big red X on it - security reasons.)

·
Registered
14,032 Posts
Good point Glenn, I sign my copies with a red pen and write "file copy for ......" in about the same area you stamped your's.

·
Firearms Junkie
145 Posts
C & R is all I need

At one time I held a full dealer FFL as I owned a gunsmith shop for about ten years beginning in 1986 (starting by appointment only, then moving into open with regular hours and began selling guns, etc. - carefully following all BATF rules and regulations) but it was so seasonal around here (Central PA.) that I really was just making the bills. At the time I was a professional fireman and worked 4 days on and 4 days off so, I could simply make the gunwork my second job. That made it kind of nice, but..........finally the paper work; records; etc. got to me (this was all pre-computers) and I was spending more time keeping my business legal then I was actually doing gun work and selling so, I closed her down and shipped all required records to the BATF archives.

Now I just have the C & R FFL and being as that's really the type of weapons that interest me the most, it's working out just fine. The AK variants that I am learning about and playin' with now, naturally don't fit in the C & R category - but that's fine as I am doing so on a limited basis. Besides our "builds" may come to an end here soon.

·
Firearms Junkie
145 Posts
Acquisition and Disposition Record

If any of you guys who are thinking about getting your C & R, need a decent and easy to use Firearms A & D Record booklet and don't want to go out and buy one, I have a really nice layout that I made several years ago that I'd be more then happy to share with any of you. It contains all of the BATFE requirements and fits on an 8 1/2" x 11" page. Just let me know.

Remember, you gotta record any gun you buy with your C & R FFL. Glenn

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Glenn said:
If any of you guys who are thinking about getting your C & R, need a decent and easy to use Firearms A & D Record booklet and don't want to go out and buy one, I have a really nice layout that I made several years ago that I'd be more then happy to share with any of you. It contains all of the BATFE requirements and fits on an 8 1/2" x 11" page. Just let me know.

Remember, you gotta record any gun you buy with your C & R FFL. Glenn

I'd like to have a copy if you don't mind Glenn. I'll be mailing my app. soon.

·
Firearms Junkie
145 Posts
Tony, will attempt emailing to you........don't know how well it will copy and paste from this posting in .jpeg format. You may have to work with it a little to get size correct. I placed it into Windows Picture and Fax Viewer and did a direct print from there. It resized to "normal" and should work well for you. Unfortunately, I made this record in a Window's Publisher program which very few people use. If you or any others do happen to have Publishers, it would really turn out much better and I'd be more then happy to send it in that format. Glenn

Your email is turned off......will try posting. See how it works.

·
Firearms Junkie
145 Posts
C & R A & D record upload

Tony,

Give this a try.....if this posting won't work well, email me and I can send it as an attachment. Glenn

·
Firearms Junkie
145 Posts
I copied it to desktop and then opened in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. It printed fine in size, but clarity is down. Still very usable, but let me know what you think. Glenn

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've just renewed my C & R for the third time. June 1 was 9 years. I've only booked in 6 guns in that time but the money I have saved from Brownell's and Midway has made it more than worth having.

Every time I'm buying something in quantity, regardless of who I'm dealing with, I always mention I'm C & R and ask for a discount. I honestly cannot recall anyone ever turning me down.

The Midway discounts vary widely depending on WHAT it is and WHO makes it. For example, AMMO. The rush on ammo is on and they just don't offer much of a discount on any ammo any more.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got my C&R earlier this year and have already saved way more than the $30 cost just from a couple of Midway purchases.

Will never pay "retail" again.

David

·
Cranky Curmudgeon
1,556 Posts
Remember, you gotta record any gun you buy with your C & R FFL.
More correctly, you must log any C&R eligible firearm you acquire while you are licensed, whether you used your C&R or not.

The Brownell's discount is super. On just one order I saved over $100.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Vendors who give C&R Discounts

These vendors have special pricing , just mail your license per their instructions:

Midway USA , ............... Widener's

Brownell's....................... Numrich

Century.............................. Graf's

There are no doubt some others-- these discount can cover anything & everything from Aimpoints ( C3 : circa $350 --Midway ) to Yugo parts & ammo.

If you know of others please post. One order of modern parts , ammo etc
can pay for a C&R-- even if the license holder never ( ever) buys a C&R gun.

:thankyou:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts