Gunco Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is what has happened. I offered an item for sale to another page member. this is a fairly expensive item. He sent his payment in good faith. I packaged up the part set and put it in the post office to him. Now it has been long enough that he should have it, but he emailed me to tell me it never showed up. I sold the parts because I do not have a bunch of extra money at this time . I shurley do not want to just send a big money order after I sent the parts. he shurly dose not want to send a bunch of money and get no parts. what do we do??? I do not want a big fight but I do not want to be totaly out of parts and cash. . even if the post office showes the delivery confermation, what if he just did not get it? I do not think he is trying to screw me and I do not want to screw anyone. I am fairly upset about this and dont know what to do ,, PLEASE HELP
I have to admit I wonder if he has it , but he may wonder if I sent it .

·
Registered
260 Posts
If the post office shows that it was delivered than it is not your problem, it is on his end, someone took it from his porch or whatever. All you can do is ship it and if you have confirmation from the shipper that it was delivered than it is up to him and the deliverer to sort it out. IMOO ak'sr4me

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
ak'sr4me said:
If the post office shows that it was delivered than it is not your problem, it is on his end, someone took it from his porch or whatever. All you can do is ship it and if you have confirmation from the shipper that it was delivered than it is up to him and the deliverer to sort it out. IMOO ak'sr4me

What he said; ditto !

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
Hotbarrel, I know you will be bothered by this no matter whose fault it is as you are a good man, but I agree that you as the seller can only do what you did which is to send the merchandise to the buyer. I buy quite a bit online and if it's an expensive item I ask for insurance, but that is my responsibility as the buyer to ask and pay for the insurance. If you want to protect yourself from bad luck like this you can always add insurance and signiture confirmation type shipping into the original price of any thing you sell. I believe that is the only way to protect both yourself and the buyer. Even then your looking at months to get your money back. I certainly hope this works out and the package is found. Everyone here knows you are an honest man and these things happen.

·
Registered
97 Posts
sorry about the fix you both are in... do what they said & check the P.O.
they can be verry sloow sometimes, so he still may get it.
next time insist on a couple of extra $ for insurance, & ask for a signed reciept upon delivery so they cant just leave it on his stoop. any kind of tracking # would also be a help to you both, because you can give it to him & he knows you sent it out in good faith, and you can both track the wherabouts. thats why i always use u.p.s.
again im sorry,& i know this wont help you now, so please dont take it wrong.
i know your aware of this now anyway. im just offering some advice that i too learned "the hard way" good luck, try not to get into "the blame stage" and hopefully
the package will arrive soon. rusty.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My feeling is he is still looking for it I do not think he took it. I do have a confermation and I am going to the post office with my info next week.
I did not insure it because I wanted to give a good deal, maby too good, and it included shipping , I allready took a loss and did not want to loose any more . oh well now I may be up shits creek . Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Look, If you have delivery confirmation that it was indeed delivered to his address, then you have lived up to your part of the bargain. I'd send him the confirmation # and let him look it up and call it a day. You cannot be responsible for anything beyond that:; it's beyond your ability to control.
If it was big dollars, he should have paid to have you insure it. Long and short, end of story.
cammobunker
Who deals with this all the time on ebay.

·
Visiting MOD
2,141 Posts
I have delt with you on several occassions and had no issues.
If you have a comfirmation # that shows the item was deleivered then I would contact the PO and have the trace the package.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I sold some parts a few years ago and the buyer indignantly informed me that he had not received them. After I sent the buyer an e-mail with the confirmation number and told him that it was 'placed on porch' , that was the end of it.

If you sent it , the confirmation shows it was delivered , don't worry about it.

On the buying side , I once bought some stripper clips and the seller SWORE he sent them ( no delivery confirmation ) , they ' found ' the package mangled , at the post office. The buyer taped it together and sent it again and I finally received the package.

It boils down to this , sometimes people try to get something for nothing , sometimes the Post Office messes up , therefore ALWAYS USE THE CONFIRMATION.

If the confirmation shows it was delivered , it is not your fault.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts