Gunco Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started a new thread for this one...

Went home for lunch on this rainy day & snapped some pics...

The kits I purchased from ohiorapidfire.com include everything - plum furniture, trigger guard, full-auto FCG components (in case you're in WA) and a brown pistol grip w/ matching bayonet. Magazine is more like brown than plum?

Also includes '74 stripper clips and loading tool, oiler bottle, cleaning kit, and canvas sling. Different colors on the slings, as my pics show. Ditto for the magazines, which are both labelled circle-21.

They look like all the other '74 kits I've ever seen - brand-new and never fired. Can't be sure, however.

I'm pleased! Now to find me an AFFORDABLE plum magazine :D

http://pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/AK74plum/plumkit/prebuild.htm

·
Registered
109 Posts
Broke down and did it huh? :gunsmilie I ordered a plum kit from K-var, curious how it will compare. Your sling is a unique color, is the digital pic close to the actual color?

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
Just got mine too, I was surprised how dark the plum furniture is compared to my U.S. made set from KVAR. These are nice kits and you get everything with them including cleaning kit, sling, stripper clips & a guide, oil bottle and a bayonet. Of course two days before it shows up I get an email from KVAR and they have kits with the wood and black stocks for 167.95 (if you are a forum member). Well you know I broke weak and bought one. Darn that Winn! He put it in my head that it was alright to own 5-10 AKs!:rolleyes:

·
Chinese Connection
2,094 Posts
hcpookie. how many mags you need ,a yes these are more brown than plum
I got 10 here, think about sale few of them

Attachments

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I have like 12 or 13 mags myself. I picked up some cheap E. German mags and painted them w/ duracoat. They look nice with my all black rifle ;)

I may have a need for more however - my friend and I are both building a Krink later in the year and so for me, each rifle needs its own set of mags so range day is not a headache.

I'll let you know... what kind of prices you talking about?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts