Gunco Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You'll have to call them, and the quantities are hit-or-miss... so there's no promises as to how many they have.

They DO however have some, and are selling them for $25 each. Just ordered my 6 :D

These are the standard AK-74 5.45x39 caliber mags.

K-Var Corp. 5015 W. SAHARA AV.,
#125 PMB-136
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA 89146-3407
Tel.: 1 702 364 8880
[email protected]

In Plum We Trust,
- Jerry

·
Registered
152 Posts
Lady told me they are are the russian with I think triple triangle markings.i thought the price was excellent. What did you guys think

·
Registered
109 Posts
Wish I hadn't seen this, between the 74 kit and a couple smaller internet orders, my budget is crunched! I'm just a day (or maybe two) from finishing my latest job and getting $$, but the weather and a wicked headcold have kept me home. I might just go with my original plan and try to build a small collection of steel mags for the plum rifle.

·
Chinese Connection
2,094 Posts
K-var only had 25 of them, they said found a small box in New conditions, make with Tirangle. the all sold out

·
Registered
152 Posts
Seems weird they only had 25 cuz, I upgraded along with what seems to be quiet a few people.They told me they still had few.Maybe they are holding out for the people upgrading only.Who knows

·
Chinese Connection
2,094 Posts
NO hold up, I buy last 10 of it. and also they is two type two prices, $24.99 is one with out mark, $27.99 is one with Triangle-arron

·
Registered
92 Posts
damn would have been nice to have a new one to go with the new plum furniture on my 74,the 2 I have are kind of scuffed up.anyone have luck trying to polish them up :smile:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I ordered 2 for my 74 kit, seems like they come and go. Was at the K-VAR site one day and they were there, about 3 days later "sold out", now they have them again so I got mine.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Bob called me this morning to tell me they were down to 1 marked and 2 sanitized mags...I had to go for one of each. Oh well, I am just happy to get them period.

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Byg said:
I got my kit today, the plum mag is marked russian but prettty scratched up..
Still waiting for mine. :(

Can you post a pic? I'd like to see how the different mags shape up. If not then can you mail me a pic? I'd post if for you on my website...

·
Registered
954 Posts
You guys have plans on a reciver yet? Building these yourself?

I have a few kits myself but still not happy with the recievers available...yes I am a reciever snob. Someone on AR15.com has been promising a true Euro spec AK reciever on the horizon. They said someone arleady in the industry has one in the works, however I have not heard any more on this rumor for a few months.

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Going with ACE BIY!!! Got the receivers from the last group buy (about 2 months ago?)

Already did the Vulcan receiver route- want to try a BIY Ace receiver next. Going all-out with these, using 0.49" rails, and going to dimple all of the holes, even the safety selector holes.

Going to use my boltcutter rivet squeezer with the group buy rivets.

I made a boo-boo when I drilled the holes for the mag well and my welder friend is correcting my mistake, then I'm going to re-drill the holes. :(

Then going to phosphate w/naval jelly, then finish with duracoat matte black.

I talked to someone at Lauer Custom Weaponry, and he said that they WOULD do custom mixing. I am considering sending a sample part such as the top cover or a section of the de-milled receiver, to let them match the paint color. The flat black is slightly "flat" in comparison to the original finish. I would love to get a custom '74 black mix. In fact I think I'm going to do that. I'll call them tomorrow to see what can be done. May be worth an extra charge, to get a custom mix black that exactly matches the original finish. We'll see.

That's my plan at least.

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 22 Posts