Gunco Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I kinda breezed past it the first time, but last time I checked Paul at Gunthings.com's ad over on the AK files I noticed the bulgarian AK74 kits he's selling come with wood stocks or plum colored polymer.

I'm not up to speed on things Bulgarian. I do recall seeing plum colored Bulgarian RPK forends in the past but didn't realize the plum furniture had also been used on the standard AK series. So are these stocks from the same basic era of the plum Soviet stuff?

Sorry if this has been covered before (if so a link would be great) it just seems odd considering the high collector value on the Russian plum and all the folks who begged K-var to duplicate the stocks. And now I come to find there have been Bulgarian plum sets all along?

Any info would be great! :smile:

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
I didn't realize those were plum - that will make a really nice kit! Yes, you are right, these should drive down the price of "authentic" plum kits but you konw they won't... now I may just have to break my budget and pic one of those up - always wanted a plum rifle... now to find some plum mags :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, I want one too! It would be a real stretch on my current budget because I don't do much winter work. Hoping I can sell a couple of quickie jobs and get in on those before they're gone. I figure by the time ORF finishes all those AR15.com rifles they should be able to assemble the Bulgarian kits with their eyes closed.

Still curious as to the vintage of the Bulgarian plum and actually wondering if they aren't in fact Soviet stock sets?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FYI,

Ohio Rapid Fire has the same kits for the same price and they list Soviet plum 5.45 mags for $100. ($325 for a 4 pack)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts