Gunco Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
aka: SDK1968
7,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
got all of the FCG in & got the gun shooting... right now its a "bolt action" slide. LOL

still gotta do just a little discon work as its working to good & only letting it be the bolt action version. :)

·
7,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
did some more work on this today & relocated the bump to trigger the discon. that made a pretty good bit of difference.

every now & then if im too slow on the release of the trigger it will not reset.. which lets the striker follow back thru into battery.

but as per Sundance8's great design: there is no follow thru shot or ignition of the primer. which is fantastic.

just gotta polish up some edges & do some final tuning & more testing. testing is what we do.

·
7,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
after some more tuning ive found out that ive got a bit of trigger "over travel".. shouldnt be too hard to fix & ive got a couple idea's floating in my head to try this weekend.

hopefully this will finish it & can get the video posted.

as Sundance8 said: this build is a PITA... but its actually a fairly neat gun to build. if you like problem solving? this is one to try. :)

Reactions: Pryotex

·
7,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
another update: (& yes this is cross posted on other sites)

ITS ALIVE!!!

first lets get the people who helped make this possible thanked.................

Pryotex = for getting me to do yet another build that i originally just wasnt interested in (he's good at that)

Sundance8 = for an awesome FCG set up that was very well laid out & all the technical support that goes with it.

HellCat = for the spring & communication when i was at that frustration point.

so now lets get to the good stuff.

the gun lives! its functioning, feeding, firing, ejecting & so on in .380ACP from factory mags with no mods.... as a SEMI AUTO.

now that we know its functioning im gonna go back & slick it up a bit more & see if i can make it smoother.

then it still needs a final finish coat put on it & then as soon as Abby is available we'll get the video up.

·
7,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
^^ your right....

LMAO but "original" builds or completely new builds are getting tougher to come by.

still build guns every week.... but most of them are stuff we have all seen a zillion times... (ak, ar, psl, tube guns)

its definitely more difficult to find a "new" build that interests me.

·
7,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
ok after the final tweeking & a spring change... we have a nice running gun now!

too dark for the video today... will try to get Abby to shoot it tomorrow.. but heres 2 of my usual crappy pix.

Wood Line Air gun Machine gun Trigger

Wood Rectangle Trigger Air gun Gun accessory

Reactions: nutznboltz

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
I was getting ready to order one of those kits since they are just cool as all get out. Thank you for the update and pics. Keep em coming please!:)

·
7,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
VIDEO TIME!

& here is promised rainy video!

dreary rainy day in Ohio... but Abby made a few seconds to make the video.

[video=youtube;jfrAEbgke80]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfrAEbgke80[/video]

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.