Gunco Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bought a polish ak kit from sportsmans guide? If so how does it compare to the global trades kits? I'm sure that sportsmans guide got their kits from global but am wondering if the kit is the same as a select kit from global (seeing the buyer club price is about that of a global select kit). I bought one through sportsmans guide because I had some other stuff to order (plus I wanted to take advantage of the buyers club discount and four pay plan) and with coupon shipping only cost me $2. Here is a link to the kits there SG Polish AK kits. It looks like a nice kit and I will soon find out if the kit looks as nice as in the picture, lol.

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Sniper,

I can't really answer your question, but I can tell you this, the second PMKMS kit I bought from global, which was a standard kit, was nicer than the first kit, which was a select.

So, I wouldn't worry too much about the whole standard/select thing.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
7.62x39 said:
Sniper,

I can't really answer your question, but I can tell you this, the second PMKMS kit I bought from global, which was a standard kit, was nicer than the first kit, which was a select.

So, I wouldn't worry too much about the whole standard/select thing.
I hope you get your sooner than I get mine. Ordered mine from Joeken for $155 3 weeks ago and still nothing. I was told it was in stock and then I find out it was not.

Let me/us know how it looks from SG. If it is good shape I will cancel my Joeken order and buy from them as I am a buyers club member as well.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
00redZX-6R said:
I hope you get your sooner than I get mine. Ordered mine from Joeken for $155 3 weeks ago and still nothing. I was told it was in stock and then I find out it was not.

Let me/us know how it looks from SG. If it is good shape I will cancel my Joeken order and buy from them as I am a buyers club member as well.

according to the UPS tracking info that sportsmans guide sent me it will be here on the 23rd. I can post after that as to condition etc.

as to joeken:
Only thing I ever ordered from joeken was some of the waffle mags when they first got them in (the ones with the year waiting list). Service was good (and they didn't charge my card until the day they shipped) but I haven't ordered anything else from them because of everything I have heard on different gun boards. Joeken has stuff I may want but............. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
00redZX-6R said:

My kit came Friday from SG and I was finally able to look at it today. The box did have the magpouch with mag, etc. Also the kit seems to look quite nice. It is sealed on a global trades card with the global trades stickers and a note (again) from global about the bayonets not being included but the mag pouch and accy's being included. I will try to get a picture tonight of it and will post it to this thread.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sniper69 said:
My kit came Friday from SG and I was finally able to look at it today. The box did have the magpouch with mag, etc. Also the kit seems to look quite nice. It is sealed on a global trades card with the global trades stickers and a note (again) from global about the bayonets not being included but the mag pouch and accy's being included. I will try to get a picture tonight of it and will post it to this thread.
Here are some pictures of the kit.

Looks good to me, what do you all think of the kit? The picture doesn't do the mag pouch justice, but it still looks decent. In the picture you can see the global trades sticker and blue paper.

·
Registered
152 Posts
That kit looks pretty good!!I have been wanting one of these for sometime,but I got the Kvar 74 plum kit instead...didnt feel like drilling for the folder and thought the plum would be a little more unusual...Nice,have to post some pics when ya get her done

1 - 7 of 7 Posts