Gunco Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
3/6 Infantry
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Still need to fake up the screws w/ epoxy so they look like rivets.

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
Just a question mtndew. Just in case you decide to disassemble will you be able to clean out the screw heads? Solvent?
Curious.

·
3/6 Infantry
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have done that before, to replace the old fugly receiver on an earlier build. I ended up using a small butane torch to soften the epoxy and then dug it out with a pick. Other than that I hope to never have to take it apart.

·
in the blueridge mtns
8,264 Posts
I agree dew. I've used the HF butane mini torch and dental tools to clean out the residue in socket screw heads. Looks great BTW:)

·
3/6 Infantry
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Get a big electric solder gun to heat the heads . Wont hurt the finish breaks loose loctight also.
I never thought of that. Thanks! Seems obvious now.

·
3/6 Infantry
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where the hell is sprat? I really want him to see my new toy.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Nice., the Tantal/Beryl rifles are great and the 5.56 AK's are a nice addition.
I just finished one myself. Will post it up.

·
3/6 Infantry
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the comments.
Was just looking at FB Radom's website, and they give the bbl measurements of the newest Beryl M762 assault rifle as 419mm, which is 16.4961 inch. So mine is much closer to a new real Beryl M762 than I thought, except furniture, which I used the older style, and caliber, M762 is 7.62x39 instead of 5.56 nato. I think this is what some refer to as the "commando", only this one looks like it uses the regular length gas tube instead of the mini beryl tube. » Beryl M762 Anyhow, whatever it gets called, it was a fun and very involved build, and it shoots really sweet. Pic of a M762

Attachments

·
3/6 Infantry
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are the new Beryl's (above pic) optimized for modern combat, or are they just "tacticool"?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts