Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any of "HcPookies" work on file?
This guy nows his stuff!
Anything pertaining to (any) AK builds would be very greatfull!

Thanks...
Shadow
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
-Hcpookie-

Would you happend to have any parts/peices diagrams on the Ak?
This is my second build And I've lost all my prints in a fire back home a year or so ago. I can't remember that far back. Like peicing together the receiver parts. Trigger assem, Hammer springs, etc. etc.
:thankyou:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,071 Posts
shadow29483 said:
Does anyone have any of "HcPookies" work on file?
This guy nows his stuff!
Anything pertaining to (any) AK builds would be very greatfull!

Thanks...
Shadow

Its a very large compilation of a lot of peoples' ideas and works. He does show a lot of his own work and troubleshooting/building, though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
Is HcPookie back on line yet? I really miss the wealth of information that he compiled and shared with us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
812 Posts
This has come up a bunch of times. After this weekend I will try to compress it to a much smaller size and put up a PDF I made of his website a day or two before he took it down. I WILL NOT leave it up after he comes back as he deserves and should get all the credit for the information. Also if I hear he doesn't want it up I will of course imediately take it down. I'll try to do this on tuesday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
-pookies lounge?-

And what will the name of this post be?
So we'll have something to look forward too.
Thnaks....Shadow
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
812 Posts
I apparently have it compressed as much as it will go, its almost 150 meg (1100 pages including ALL the full sized pictures). Even as a faculty member here I don't have THAT kind of webspace......I'll keep working on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
Anybody heard anything from HcPookie as to when we can expect this wealth of information to be back online?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,071 Posts
meyerse,

Send them to people's GMAIL accounts. They hold 1000mb. I think you would have to split it up into 15 10meg files though. I believe the limit on a single email is 10mb. Probably wouldn't be too hard. I was giving out invites a week or so ago. Perhaps there are some people who have gotten some invites in lately that could help out you guys so these files could be transferred.


edit:http://www.gunco.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1247&highlight=gmail
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
812 Posts
I managed to get pookies web PDF up on a website that can be downloaded from. Problem is the file is nearly 150 meg. Does one of the regulars here have some space we can put it at until Pookie gets back? I would serve it but the computer staff are going to look down on multiple hits of 150 meg each. If one of the moderators wants to take it and put it up someplace for everybody please PM me and I'll make it available to you for a quick download.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,143 Posts
meyerse said:
I managed to get pookies web PDF up on a website that can be downloaded from. Problem is the file is nearly 150 meg. Does one of the regulars here have some space we can put it at until Pookie gets back? I would serve it but the computer staff are going to look down on multiple hits of 150 meg each. If one of the moderators wants to take it and put it up someplace for everybody please PM me and I'll make it available to you for a quick download.
Is it all one pdf or multiple pdf files? If it is all one pdf I could try to break it into multiple parts to send to people - or maybe then we could all host a part of it, :). Or I could burn a copy to some cd's and mail a few copies out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,413 Posts
Maybe the admin here might be willing to host it until Pookie gets back online?

He has some kick ass info including my tutorials about removing the barrel and lining up the trunion holes for drilling the receiver.
 

·
Master Endmill Breaker
Joined
·
1,367 Posts
I'm still waiting for "invites" for Gmail accounts to show up in my account. I check pretty much every day, but have yet to get any to give out to you guys.

Even with my $45/month Roadrunner bill, they only give me 5 megs of website space. I can't even keep my MG website hosted completely...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,143 Posts
Rhino_66 said:
I'm still waiting for "invites" for Gmail accounts to show up in my account. I check pretty much every day, but have yet to get any to give out to you guys.

Even with my $45/month Roadrunner bill, they only give me 5 megs of website space. I can't even keep my MG website hosted completely...
Rhino_66, I'm still waiting on gmail invites to share too. Not to stray off topic but do you like your road runner service? I currently have dsl and like it but I keep getting these special offers for road runner service in the mail (like $29.95 a month for the first 6 months). It is tempting - though I would hate to have to change my email. Plus I am paying less than 45 a month right now. I am curious if the download speeds are as nice as they say they are? Also 5 megs?? Thats not good - bellsouth at least gives 10 megs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
812 Posts
the file is ONE SINGLE pdf of 1100 pages. Each picture is maintained in large resolution on its own page (so when you click on a reference picture in the discussion it takes you to the high res image. I wouldn't mind hosing say 15meg but I can't realistically get away with more than that. I'm already at the max of my faculty alotment. I do have one other place to see if I have quota, but I'm not sure. If one of the mods/admins here has some ideas, lets have them!

By the way it SEEMS to be fully compressed as it is, also I trimmed off the "social shooting" pics at the end of his webpage.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,782 Posts
We'll be glad to set up an ftp account for someone to upload the files. Just pm one of the moderators to have it arranged.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
812 Posts
That is fine, how about one of the moderators PMs me the FTP address and a login and password and I'd be happy to drop it in there......
 

·
Master Endmill Breaker
Joined
·
1,367 Posts
sniper69 said:
Rhino_66, I'm still waiting on gmail invites to share too. Not to stray off topic but do you like your road runner service? I currently have dsl and like it but I keep getting these special offers for road runner service in the mail (like $29.95 a month for the first 6 months). It is tempting - though I would hate to have to change my email. Plus I am paying less than 45 a month right now. I am curious if the download speeds are as nice as they say they are? Also 5 megs?? Thats not good - bellsouth at least gives 10 megs.
RoadRunner is pretty decent. I've had the account since Feb 2002 and have only had a couple of issues. Time Warner did some serious upgrades to some equipment in the area and it made a big difference in performance. There are some bandwidth issues from around 5pm till 7 or 8. This is because EVERYBODY gets home from work and starts checking e-mail and whatnot. The upgrades they made in Dayton helped with this quite a bit.

For S&Gs I just downloaded a video clip from one of the newsgroups and timed it. An 18.3mB file took just under 2 minutes (1:52:06 to be exact) to download. Every once in a great while it seems to run slower, but there's probably a bazillion people online at the time.

The big downside with RoadRunner (at least for me) is the USENET news server retention is only 24 to 48 hours. A lot of binary posts with multiple parts take that long to propagate.

I was thinking it was going to be a pain when I dropped my previous ISP to change my e-mail address, but it wasn't that bad. I did have to track down all the websites and forums to make the changes, but it was worth it for the upgrade from dial-up.

For the website space, I'm looking at some of the hosting services. One of them offers 5GB for $3.95/month if you sign up for 2 years. That comes with 100 e-mail addresses, 40GB/month bandwidth, FTP access, Frontpage 2000 extensions for html, and a few other goodies. They have another package for $7.95 that has domain registration and 10GB of storage. There's a couple other $3.95 hosting services I'm checking out too.

The cable bill is a killer when I get it, but I do use RR a lot. I also burn up almost all of my 40GB of up/down bandwidth each month. I think the $45 is steep, but worth it.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top