Gunco Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Site's down. Suffered a HD meltdown. New HD on the way. Presume my backup is good - has worked in the past

Also found the power supply is toast. When it rains...

Hope to have it back up in a week or so.

- Jerry

·
Registered
249 Posts
Happy Bird day, and thank you for having that site.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Are you back up and online yet? Hope everything works out for you.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
If you need a drive I have a small 80Gb maxtor (new) you can use. I'm just going through withdrawl about your site. I use it for reference all the time. You don't know how much you miss something till it's gone.

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got a HD delivered and it looks like my power supply is now toast. LOL So now I have borrowed my power supply from my other computer. The room's a real mess now! Newegg has some "quiet" power supplies on sale, which would go perfect in my computer room. Will probably put this loud PS in my server for the basement. More computer junk, just in time for Christmas. Its not so bad since my stock dividend arrived!

Playing with the backup and it looks promising. Surprisingly, I managed to get the failing HD to boot up as a slave, for about 20 minutes... just long enough to XCOPY my inetpub folder onto my new HD!!! woohoo :D SO... assuming there's no data corruption, I'll be able to get back online in a day or two. If not then I'll pull it off of my tape backup.

Thank goodness I back up my data!

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
OMG, Pook,

I wouldn't even want think about all Your hard work lost.
I know how many hours that must have taken to compile.

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tell me about it... that would suck!

I am happy to announce that I'm back online. New hardware, and yes I was able to restore all of my info, so nothing appears to be lost.

It's good to be back. LOL someone is already on my site... too funny! :D

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Thats great news pook! I bought a lot of computers at an auction that came from where I work(city) for $5. I have like 12 monitors and computers, keyboards, mouses and lots of other stuff. The only thing wrong with them is they pulled all the HD's and ram out. Your welcome to PM me if you want something.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I cant seem to load his site. Can someone help me out with a link?

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
HCPookie, I am glad to see your site is back up. Yours is the best AK builder web site I have ever seen. I refer people to it all the time.

Keep up the great work.:thumbup1:

·
Happy Camper
7,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, good to be missed. Speaking of missed, where's Winn?

My new GF and I are having tons of fun. Been spending practically the entire weekend together. She's managed to get me out dancing at the local night clubs... and I don't dance! ;) I like to think I've created a new dance - the "drunk wiggle" :D

We're really hitting it off well. Nice just to have someone to spend time with and not worry about acting up to anyone's expectations.

Of course, the AMD I started working on has been sitting untouched for nearly 2 months now! I even missed the last gun show. What's wrong with me?!? :D

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
hcpookie said:
Thanks, good to be missed. Speaking of missed, where's Winn?

My new GF and I are having tons of fun. Been spending practically the entire weekend together. She's managed to get me out dancing at the local night clubs... and I don't dance! ;) I like to think I've created a new dance - the "drunk wiggle" :D

We're really hitting it off well. Nice just to have someone to spend time with and not worry about acting up to anyone's expectations.

Of course, the AMD I started working on has been sitting untouched for nearly 2 months now! I even missed the last gun show. What's wrong with me?!? :D
Must be love in the air since the AMD has been untouched for so long.

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
Hcpookie it's good to hear you're doing good!! and you are always missed around here, especially when there is building going on. And I just asked about Winn myself last week. I hope he's is also doing good, maybe he's learning to dance too?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts