Um.... no comment on my sanity...
Cooling vents - Rhino that's good!
Yeah I got a little carried away with the dimple jig. I got it to work last night - with no problems! SO receiver #2 looks correct.
After careful investigation, I know what the problem was.
The edges of the male jig was too square, causing a sharp edge and the resultant stretched metal.
Why didn't I see this when I was testing? I did, but I didn't understand what I was looking at. I practiced on the discarded sections of my Ace blanks, which are just little strips of metal. When I pressed the dimples, there was not enough surface material to prevent the metal from simply being "sucked" into the hole. This skewed my results and gave the false impression that the jig in its original form was doing the job.
Skip to last night - I used a big sheet of 16 gauge sheet metal to test and was able to reproduce the stretching. After gratuitous use of the flapper disk on my dremel, I rounded the edges of the male die down to the point where there are NO "sharp" edges on the male die. After *many* tests, I was satisfied enough to put it to the real thing... SUCCESSFULLY, I might add! My 2nd Ace bent is now properly dimpled!
I toook a bunch of pics, so I am going to try to post them up this morning.