Gunco Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've done alot of reading on building AK's from various sites. I feel like this is something that I could probably accomplish on my own. However, I am a recently married and still in school and as always money is tight. I just don't want to buy a kit and receiver and screw it up. Has anyone ever thought about having a large get together in a location that different Newbies like myself could travel to and help out and watch parts of the builiding process of an AK. This could also possibly include certain people bringing certain parts or equipment to facilitate the build. Let me tell you, I would jump on an idea like this. Even if it was in a neighboring state, I would still go. What this does, is it cuts alot of the guess work, frustration, and uneasiness associated with something that all Newbies experience when doing something new for the first time. :confused: If we were able to agree on a general location, we would also need someone who has built an AK to be there to help facilitate the build. I am very interested in doing something like this!!! :cheers: I live in Georgia and would be willing to travel to any of my neighboring states to do something like this. Please give me some feedback on what you think.

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
What kind of build are you wanting to do? A screw together job with the barrel already in the trunnion or are you going for a more factory look with rivets? Knowing what kind of build you are doing might help in finding the right people with the right equipment for the type of build you are doing. Just a thought anyways...

·
Registered
412 Posts
I wish I lived a little closer! I would be interested in hosting a build! Ofcourse I would have to move a lot of stuff out of the shop out doors! There is not much room for oxygen in there let alone a half dozen or so warm blooded individuals repairing rifles plus all of the stuff that is currently in there!

Yours,
Thumb Clip Pull Pin

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I was thinking more or a rivet build. I want an original looking AK. Virginia? I'm in Georgia. How long of a drive would that be? I haven't been on a road trip in a while.

·
Registered
412 Posts
yosuthnmasa said:
Well I was thinking more or a rivet build. I want an original looking AK. Virginia? I'm in Georgia. How long of a drive would that be? I haven't been on a road trip in a while.
Depending where you are at of course; it should take about 8 hours to drive to Richmond, Virginia.

Yours,
Thumb Clip Pull Pin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts