Gunco Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Believe It or Not - Strange tales from the police log... Rear-ender ends man's display of rear end

Friday, December 3, 2004
By JOHN BRANTON, Columbian staff writer

We probably all deserve a spanking now and then, and state troopers say Nathan Allen McClain was getting his as he rode in a car while mooning motorists on Interstate 5 during rush-hour traffic Thursday morning.

Witnesses said the driver of the white Acura, Dwayne Crandall of Vancouver, was paddling McClain's bare posterior as McClain displayed it to other motorists.

In the end, McClain, 22, of Portland was ticketed for indecent exposure.

Crandall, 20, was ticketed for aiding and abetting indecent exposure and reckless driving, said Washington State Patrol Trooper Garvin March.

Besides spanking McClain's rear end, Crandall also rear-ended a spanking-new 2004 Dodge car driven by another motorist who had stopped for a traffic back-up approaching the I-5 Bridge, March said.

The Dodge's driver, 30-year-old Cassie Martin of Vancouver, suffered a sore neck and back in the collision but declined medical treatment.

March has been a trooper for nearly 27 years, but until Thursday morning, he said, he'd never seen anything so cheeky.

"I think they were just doing it for the shock value," he said.

Let's hope so. The incident came to light about 6:15 a.m., March said, when motorists saw the spectacle as they were driving south on I-5 near Ridgefield.

"He and the driver also were making obscene gestures to other people," March said.

If the other motorists didn't stare and appear shocked, March said, Crandall would swerve the Acura toward their cars, apparently to get their attention.

"He was driving so erratically that he almost caused a collision with a semi," March said.

Witnesses, who called authorities on their cell phones, tried to box the Acura in with their cars, apparently hoping to keep it from escaping before police arrived.

Dispatchers didn't call out the SWAT team, but they did notify Trooper March. One motorist followed the Acura all the way to Vancouver without falling behind. March was waiting in his patrol car near Main Street.

Pulling in behind the Acura, March said he was about to turn on his flashers when Crandall looked back at him and failed to see that Martin's Dodge had stopped with other cars for the rush-hour backup.

Without braking, the Acura allegedly crashed into the Dodge and stopped. The Acura was totaled, the Dodge significantly damaged.

As March was patting down McClain for possible weapons, McClain's pants fell to his mid-thigh, March said.

As if being ticketed for not wearing his pants while mooning wasn't bad enough, McClain also was ticketed for not wearing a seat belt, March said.

The Columbian was unable to reach Crandall or McClain for comment.

·
Friend of MCMXI
8,717 Posts
I guess now I can say I've heard it all.

·
DADDY WARBUCKS
19,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mooning was popular when I was in high school but I never did it although many passengers did.

One of my favorite dumb ass pranks was to put an alka seltzer tablet in my mouth, swish some water, roll down the window and foam away at the car next to us.

·
Class 07 FFL/SOT
6,297 Posts
More bleach please.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts