Gunco Forums banner

Probably the last straw with GunsNet. Quote this Schetzeman.

3K views 50 replies 22 participants last post by  sks_hunter 
#1 ·
GunsNet Moderators have been running away good members for months, if not longer. Anyone who looks at the membership here would recognize quality members have fled from there to here.

I stopped regularly visiting GunsNet maybe two months ago. My experience probably was not different than others. I got tired of being sniped at by Moderators - and worse. Today, I ran across a reply posted by one of the immunized trolls there. My topic was about Home Improvements. Scheutzman volunteered the following reply:

"Well AClay after what I read at Gunco about how you 'Didn't think you would be posting at Gunsnet again because we were such corse money grubers and Gunco people were sooooooooo superior . . . I was just amazed to see you back over here."

http://www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1949364&posted=1#post1949364

Notice how he attributed a quote to me about them being "corse money grabbers," etc. That proved him a liar, and I replied accordingly. I expect our paths will cross at many Gun Shows in the future, so if he wishes to dispute my claim he is a Liar, he is free to do so. Bring it on. Or, if he were telling the truth, he could post a link to the post which he said he read here. Don't hold your breath.

The question is, "How will GunsNet respond?" Will it require Scheutzeman to apologize? Doubt it. Will it even require him to offer evidence of his false claims? Doubt it. My bet is they will pat him on the back, business as usual.

The truth is I have not complained about D Thornton, nor begrudged GunsNet's right to charge fees for services they provide and so I've written in replies here and there. I contributed to GunsNet early this year to help the owner, not for any special privileges, and I also contributed many excellent topics. Like many people, I enjoyed and appreciated GunsNet, but immunized trolls - including Scheutzeman - have since made it an unfriendly place to spend one's time.

Is GunCo better than GunsNet, Scheutzenman? Yep, you can quote me on that now. Are "GunCo people" better? If you're talking about better than you, then the answer is absolutely.

See less See more
#2 ·
Save your fingers Clay, it's not worth getting upset. It's upsetting at first when you realize no one over there in control will come to your aid when you have been wronged.

Schuetzenman proved he did not like this place by trolling us in the first month. He got caught and he did not like it, but I did let him know he welcome here as a show of good faith. He still has a login and he can use it.

I have no idea why people are so against a board that treats people nice. AR15 is nice, AKfiles as well. Many others as well, but I have never seen so many people being treated so rudely except for Democratic Underground.

#3 ·
My, my, the administrators ability to use faul language and insult paying members never ceases to amaze me. Well, I am a "Gold" contributor over there, whatever that means on their eyes, but as I have said before, the quality of people here is definetely higher.

Fabius Maximus once wrote: " A wise and good man can suffer no disgrace". AClay, you are wise, do not be tempted to lower thyself.

#5 ·
:boxing: Yeah, well, the tone of that board is set by it's (get ready to quote me here, anybody from gunsnet who's over here keeping an eye on the competition)
FAT, STUPID, IGNORANT, ILLITERATE, LOUD MOUTH, LYING, BLOWHARD OWNER. Yeah, you, Thornton. You are nothing but pencil necked, geeky looking, ********* acting, squat to piss, syphilitic afterbirth from a parapalegic Aardvark. I've shit better men than you. The best part of you ran down the crack of your mother's ass, just before she threw you in the dumpster.
Oh, does that make you angry? Good. Wanna call ME names and wish I lived closer? Bring it on, Bitch Eyes. Anywhere, anytime.
And Schuetzenman? I'm really quite disappointed in you. I thought you were made of sterner stuff. Ah, well, lie with dogs, rise with fleas I suppose. Course, you've probably been told to harrass GUNCO folks at every turn. Sort of surprised you'd go for that, but not the first time I've been wrong.

Apologies to the membership here. But boy, after being banned for no ascertainable reason and without warning, I've got an axe to grind. That felt GOOD!

#6 ·
Dammit Aviator, I just spent a good 15 minutes slamming those guys, and then I read your post just before I submitted mine. :biggrin:

You are of course, completely right and now my missive is in the trashcan. GG

p.s. but I just read cammobunkers post, thank you, and feel much better. :thumbup1:

#9 ·
Cephus said:
IMyself and Aclay have disagreed on some topics but that's no reason to just jump on someone for being at another board.
Cephus, it would be one dull Discussion Board if we all agreed! Sometimes, I wind up disagreeing with myself after reading the thoughts of others! Love yours and others' insights and perspectives. Thanks!

Aviator, you sir are a wise man and have always had my respect. I hated using the word "Liar" there. Never got into name calling before, but that was the last time I was going to let an immunized troll misquote me to justify his ill manners. Sad thing is the main reason I've posted anything there recently was for SalBo. I thought the Handyman topic might give him a chuckle, but not after Schutzelman trashed it into a GunsNet v GunCo topic. Bobby Smith, aka SalBo, has been very ill lately, and could use some friendly, good natured fellowship, something which is getting scarce at GunsNet. Anyone who ever met Bobby would think the world of him. He worked gunshows with other NRA-ILA volunteers this summer, passing out NRA buttons to children in his wheelchair! He's one hell of a man, a former Army Ranger and Vietnam vet, and a great friend. What has been happening at GunsNet has been disturbing to him and others who love that Board. Mr. Thornton would do many people a favor by setting guidelines of behavior for his Moderators to follow. Vampire is not the problem there, just a symptom.

#11 ·
AClay, I too have talked to other gunsnet members and many are not happy with the way things are going. Why do they stay there, some have friends, some do not know of our existance and others enjoy that environment. I left out of my own free will, never got banned, I just avoid controversy, unless I have a good reason behind it, like a shot of my favorite scotch.

Let's just put it to rest, it ain't worth it.

#13 ·
Yeah, well, being disrespected does that to me. I stopped being afraid of bullies a long, long time ago.
Besides, people who claim to be something they aren't- like oh, say, a SEAL or something- really trip my trigger.
I don't really let it bother me, as I have other, more important things to worry about. I sleep quite well at night because my heart is pure, and my cause just. :thumbup1:

#14 ·
True, aviator.

I made the mistake of sending Smegma a PM a few days ago to let him know where we are. My PM account was immediately deactivated. Don't know what has happened since my last reply to Schutzeman, but it appears my account has been deactivated. What else could they do - admit one of the trolls in their Moderator community was caught in a lie, trolling a member? It won't happen, never has.

I found this site through a mass email sent by GNS. Before then, I had never heard of GunCo! I've been a regular contributor since.

'Nuff said. Good riddance to Scheutzeman and his kind.

#16 ·
Welcome tech673,

Good words to abide by from Dr. King. Let's turn this discussion into something productive. How about those of use that like this place pledge to make it not another immunized troll trough.

I can tell all of you that the mods and admins here will not troll you! There will be none of that because that was the genisis of this place. No more getting slammed for asking questions. No more ripping people off for group buys. No more telling off users for whatever reason. No dicking around with people that might want to come over here and start crap as in the begining.

We are here to stay! We are here to give a better experience! We are here because of you, the posters! We run these contests and other stuff we have planned because of the posters! We share information freely without making you pay for it after you posted it! We are steadfast and will not be deterred for any reason!

No one can imagine how committed we are to this and I'll admit I have taken some licks and I have worked hard to help this site behind the scenes and it is part of my life now more than anyone knows. No one will tear this place down unless they get through me and the other mods here first.

I thank everyone that comes here for their support and I think I can say that for all the admin/mods as well.

Sorry if I come off overly serious, but we are serious.

-Sang

#17 ·
cammobunker said:
Apologies to the membership here. But boy, after being banned for no ascertainable reason and without warning, I've got an axe to grind. That felt GOOD!
I don't know why, but it made me feel better, too!
:thumbup1:
[note to AClay47 - never ever, EVER piss off cammobunker ... did I say NEVER EVER EVER??]

Cammo, where did you learn to cuss like that? That's some of the finest cussing I've ever read. Does anyone disagree? I've cursed a blue streak or two in my past, but nothing to compare.

:notworthy

My local ATV dealer is a former Marine from WWII and Korea. He can cuss you with a smile on his face and make you feel good about it! Love him! He's probably 5-4 and 100 pounds, maybe 100 years old!

Hey, at least I got to prove Scheutzeman a liar and a troll before my account was frozen/deactivated, or whatever.

Wish I could curse half as well as Cammo, though. :rockin:

#19 · (Edited)
Someone told me GunsNet deleted the thread.

I guess they didn't want one of their immunized trolls proved to be a fraud and a troll on their own Board. If Scheutzeman weren't lying, why not post links to the comments he falsely quoted me as saying? Wouldn't that have proven him right and me wrong? How hard would it have been? Scheutzeman and others at that Board are like those little bugs you find when you overturn a rock. When the sunlight of truth hits them, they try to burrow into the ground to hide.

Scheutzeman, don't think you saved yourself. I copied the entire thread to Word. I don't need to falsely quote you, as you did me. I have what you swrote recorded.

One thing man of us have in common is we joined GunsNet to contribute to a community of fellow gun enthusiasts. No one joined that Board to aggravate the ruling clique, or to cause turmoil. It's a sad comment when people who are entrusted with duties of moderating discussions, use their status instead to snipe and troll people whose crimes amounted to contributing posts and money to GunsNet.

#20 ·
Wish I could curse half as well as Cammo, though. :rockin:[/QUOTE]

HEHEHE.......Marine Corps Recruit Depot, San Diego, California.
HAMS-24, MAG-24, 1st Marine Brigade, Kaneohe, Hawaii.

That's where I learned it.

#21 ·
AClay47
I saw the post at gunsnet and I was appalled I visit many sites on the internet and I have never understood the animosity between them. All (well most) gun sites have something to offer that is different. I have found that the moderators seem to have free reign to trash members at will. Just keep posting at gunsnet it seems to keep their blood pressure up.

#23 ·
I stayed in the Build it Yourself forum over there and didn't meet a lot of the great folks that are coming over here now. But what I saw in the BIY was a bunch of great guys, eager to help each other. I was really impressed by the absence of flaming and the patience showed to new folks asking a question that had been asked numerous times already.Then the management decided the fruit of these great guys work were too valuable and that they were going to charge $20 for folks to access them. Since I had not contributed any tips or techniques I didn't mind chipping in. But the folks that had contributed and had made the forum that such a great place didn't get credit to the forum and were expected to pay to see their own work. I sure didn't blame them when they decided to start their own board. I received an invitation to come here which I was happy to accept as all the guys that were such good teachers and friends were here. I agree with everyone that has ever posted on this subject that there are a lot of good people still over there but they are slowly being chased away by the stupid "tough guy" attitude used by the administrator and some of his moderators that would never wash in a face to face meeting in the real world. I just don't have time to read stuff thats gonna give me adgada when I can come here and read good, civil discusion and debate.

#24 ·
alfajim said:
AClay47
I saw the post at gunsnet and I was appalled I visit many sites on the internet and I have never understood the animosity between them. All (well most) gun sites have something to offer that is different. I have found that the moderators seem to have free reign to trash members at will. Just keep posting at gunsnet it seems to keep their blood pressure up.
I really have no interest in posting there. Don't care about the blood pressure of trolls who hide behind Moderator status and lie about people who had offered no animosity to them. I was once told he who sleeps with dogs gets fleas, and I've itched enough already.

Custer, I don't know if they banned me, but frankly I could care less. I just hope they stay there.

There is a sickness there, and we sure don't need people like Scheutzeman coming here to spread it.

#26 ·
Yes Magnus, they are looking at Your Munkey!

They miss the days of old when they had a fun place to be. Free-Range Gunsnet was fun. HDR and Bowie were a novelty, I'm not so sure that "Mick" ever existed at all. Yeah, "he" posts from time to time....I'm still not convinced. Perhaps Colorado folk know more?

As for Texas, man, I've dealt with alot of fantastic firearms fanatics from down there. None has ever bragged once about any affiliation with the "great one". Never. Ever. Not once.

By the time the Fred Sanford character had hit the scene money had become the primary goal of the site. Ironic? Well, yeah. The "bannings" began to re-appear in record numbers. Perhaps the sponsers expresed an interest in foolishness? Naahhhh, it was the brainchild of the head jack-ass. If you were there and look back, really hard, who else could have been so stupid and gotten away with it?

To look at the site today one can't help but see their desperation. Screw the sunset of the AWB, if it weren't for the WASR10's they wouldn't have snot for new members. Quick check of their forums spells it out in plain English (or whatever language you speak). One of their biggest draws is a guy who doesn't get squat for his promotion of their site.

I guess the big question in my mind is how do we folks posting here at GUNCO avoid being too negative and ending up looking like Arfcom where the populace depends on a 50 year old man to make fun of his adversaries at Gunsnet. No offense CB, you're a better man than most of them, why lower yourself so? I know it's in fun but negativity never leads to a positive, productive forum. A joke's a joke if one can let it go at that, your Red Faction and so-called "buddy" at Gunsnet are a joke. How far does it have to go for cryin' out loud?

Oh well, my "drunken rant" is over. To the "would-be" right-wing religious kook over at .net from N. Carolina that got me banned from an "unmoderated" forum--blow me j***s freak. To Shitzenman, who dared criticise one of my posts in that same "unmoderated forum", same to you and yours. And to "The Almighty Hudder"?

A loving pic of the "man behind the curtain"...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.