Gunco Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
It?s basically HK-91 or G3, I don?t know anyone that has one but I?ve seen a number of them at gun shows and they where beautiful weapons, fit and finish was great. I?m large (a.k.a. Fat) and have a hard time getting my face close enough to get a good sight picture because of the high stock so try holding a Cetme or a G3 to see if it?s comfortable for you first. Just from what I?ve seen it?s looks to be a good buy. Have you ever looked at the FN FAL? I know it cost more but it?s much easier to work on and if you build your own it?s easy to headspace. Someone good at it can assemble a FAL in less than an hour including headspacing.

·
1,763 Posts
I just bought a PTR and I think it's great. The finish is well done, the build looks well done, it shoots great, accurate and really cheap mags. I got the "k" model 16" and flash hider, it also came with the collasping stock and the regular stock. The only problems with it is the cost and it has a looong trigger pull, there is a guy that I am going to send the trigger pack to for some "creep removal". But I wanted a HK .308 and for what real one costs, I couldn't justify it.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
SOG and Sarco have the original PTR for under 675.00 shipt to an ffl.

I replaced the black furniture with an original G3 wood stock set. I also added a red dot sight Aimpoint clone by Tacpoint. I love this rifle and with under a grand invested I am happy.:headspin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts