Gunco Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All
Kinda of new here, I saw this pump style ak47 been sold out of turners outdoorsman and deceided to get it. Was wondering if any of you have any expirience with this weapon?
It looks like a reguelar ak47 but the area where the gas piston, charging handle,
possibly gas block have been modified to be operated by a pump like a shoty. :confused:

·
Registered
832 Posts
:eek: A pump AK! That's just plain wrong! :bawling:

Just kidding alf. Welcome to the board. I saw the pump ak advertised awhile back. It looked interesting. Put up some pics if you can. I would love to see one up close and personal.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you
Here is a pic of a PAR3 which is .223 cal, mine will be 7.62x39 and aceppts all ak mags :) I will try and post pictures of it when I get it.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
nouthing wrong with that!!! it is all in personal taste, I think it looks good. maby it could even be kind of valued because it is much less common. If you do get one PLEASE post back and let us all know how it goes for you. if you realy like it I may have to break down and get one.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
are these converted from semi auto, or do they actually make these in the factory the way the picture shows them?

·
Premium Member
5,980 Posts
Somebody holler when they get one of those-- I think the bottom of the gas tube is slotted with a connector going through to the piston and the recoil spring jerked out of the back.. If somebody does get their hands on one, I would love to know if that's how they are built.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bovver said:
how much are they going for these days?
Put the last one at my local shop on layaway will pay for it in a week and then wait the ten days should have it by mid May price was $199.99 on sale. I was told by the sales guy that they are built this way and imported from Romania by Century I actually opened the top cover and all internals including the recoil spring looked normal I am guessing all modifications are done from front trunion forward including bolt carrier.
When I get it I will try and post pictures.

·
Premium Member
5,980 Posts
Wonder why they left the recoil spring in?

·
Premium Member
5,980 Posts
Chuck-- I bet you're right.

Must be weird though, can you imagine a 870 where you fight resistance pulling and it springs back?:scared:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sounds like it might function kind of like that new Cobb .50 cal rifle that is a bolt action but it uses a recoil spring to shove the bolt forward to strip another round from the mag.

·
Premium Member
5,980 Posts
JA-- you're a gentleman.

What is the small projection in front of the gas block/site?

The gas tube looks heavy-- is that 1/8 inch wall?

The pump handle has two fasteners but I only see one connecting point on the piston. What is the other faster?

Is there the standard recoil spring? Is there any difference in the bolt or the carrier that you can see?

·
Master Endmill Breaker
1,367 Posts
The second pin might be there just to keep the pump grip from flopping around.

There's no reason a standard carrier couldn't be operated this way. You'd just need to make a pump piston, a new tube, and plug the gas port (or find an undrilled barrel). If you use a standard recoil spring, you could pump it and then just let it fly forward. This looks like a pretty easy rifle to copy.

It looks like there's a pin through the "piston" holding the tab that the pump grip attaches to. That would let the tab fold up into the "piston" so you could get it into the tube.

I like the sight block except for the grip retaining hole. It makes the rifle look FALish.

·
Premium Member
5,980 Posts
Ryan-- you are right and I missed the pivot point on the piston attachment lever.

I was surprised the barrel was not stepped. It is not set up for the handgrip retainer.

·
Registered
158 Posts
That is what I am curious about,does the receiver have the standard dimpled high capacity receiver ?

Does the rifle incorporate some sort of safety mechanism , so that the rifle can't be fired without the bolt being completely closed ?

Most pump guns (shotguns/rifles) have such a safety device,as setting off a partially chambered round would not be good for your health.

·
Premium Member
5,980 Posts
Triangle-- I've not seen one but I'm assuming the disconnect functions the same as in the semiautomatic version. Where the bolt has not twisted and locked in battery, the tab on the rear of the carrier blocks the hammer preventing contact with the firing pin.

There would be torqueing forces attempting to twist rotationally. The only resistance to this action that I can see is the wood. Oh wait a minute, the tab coming out of the bottom of the gas tube would resist the torqueing motion.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts