Gunco Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...my girlfriend got me a CETME for the hell of it (I guess because I'm letting her decorate everything in the new house minus my office :scared: ), now my question, which magazines work best with it and where can I get them? Do aluminum or steel G3 mags work with a CETME? Who has the best prices and hte best quality mags?

thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,143 Posts
Lysander said:
So...my girlfriend got me a CETME for the hell of it (I guess because I'm letting her decorate everything in the new house minus my office :scared: ), now my question, which magazines work best with it and where can I get them? Do aluminum or steel G3 mags work with a CETME? Who has the best prices and hte best quality mags?

thanks!

Some Cetme's seem to enjoy the G3 mags, while some don't. My cetme is a little finicky in that it likes G3 mags that are date stamped from the 60's, but the ones from the 70's and 80's won't lock into place without a little file work first. The actual cetme mags are nice but cost a little more than the G3 mags. New cetme mags are $9.99 at tapco - http://www.tapco.com/product_information.asp?number=MAG8605&back=yes&dept=157&last=73 I have some of these mags and they are quite nice. Interordnance has 10 packs of G3 mags for $19.50. Some of the mags look new, others have more wear on the finish. I will have to see if I can find the site that was selling the 30 round cetme mags (actual cetme mags, not hk 30 rounders). The Cetme is fun to shoot...

·
Gunco Irregular
4,323 Posts
Most of the new Cetmes are built on G-3 clone receivers so they should except H&K mags. I bought a bunch of steel mags before the price dropped. These were rusted and going for around $3.99 . I used a brass wire brush and some WD-40 and they cleaned up to almost brand new looking. The original finish was still intact under the rust! Now you don't have to go through all that as they are cheap everywhere, but if you do run across any that look like they are fine except a layer of rust give it a try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts