Gunco Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got it in my head that I like the look of the AK-105 front end and acquired (sp?) a matching 74 bolt/carrier and trunnion in case I decide to do the build. My question is how hard is it to install a brand new barrel that hasn't been drilled for the barrel? I assume that this is the only real machining left to be done on these barrels.

I thought of using this muzzle brake to get it up to legal length.

I think it looks better that the silly 16" 105 barrel.
Lastly and thoughts on which way to go with the buttstock? 100 series? Underfolder?

·
Visiting MOD
2,141 Posts
how hard is it to install a brand new barrel that hasn't been drilled for the barrel PIN?
I think I can answer your questions.

You will need headspace gauges.
The barrel assembly is taken directly out of the assembly line.
No further machining is needed.
You just press it in until the headspace is correct.
Drill for the pin, and pin it.

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One more question, what do you suggest as a way to "permanently" attach the long muzzle brake that will be reversable if I decide to put in the paperwork for a SBR?

·
Visiting MOD
2,141 Posts
blind pin from the bottom.
Basically drill a hole in the bottom and put a roll pin in.
It is considered perm since it can not be remove without drilling.
Just make sure that you do not drill into the barrel.
You can also even put JB WELD over the PIN (provided you are gonna PAINT it)

·
Gunco Samurai
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks DrugRunR, I guess I'd have to see one thats blind pinned to really get it. My NHM-91 is pinned by the fake detent pin on the FSB (Can't wait to get rid of that), would that be another way to do it?
Going back to the buttstock, I have a spare Bulgarian underfolder with a Polish trunnion that I thought of using with this but I have to admit the thought of using an AK-100 series buttstock to make for a complete AK-105 sounds really tempting.

·
Visiting MOD
2,141 Posts
legally the Fake DETENT is not a ATF approved method.
It worked for the AWB requirements but I would not take a chance on NFA violations since without the muzzle device your weapon will be a SBR.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts